Isabel
Heroes and Heroines at work – Contest – Practice for Advanced English C1 :) I am writing you due to the competition that you offered regarding the contest called “Heroes and Heroines at work”. I want to nominate a colleague, Frank Underwood, who is working with me in my department and I believe is the best candidate possible. To show you that, I will give you the reasons in the next paragraphs. Frank is the best person I have ever met and the cleverest too. He has three economic degrees, which are very important to the company to keep developing within a competitive world as is ours. His effort and bravery within our job is quite fascinating. He can be working fourteen hours a day without any complaint, all for the sake of the company. He can be doing multiple tasks at the same time without arguing with our boss, and with a smile in his face all the time. But the best thing he does is to help me and the rest of the department, to improve our knowledge and skills regarding our job, without hesitation and selfishness, making him to be the best workmate in the world. If you have any problem, he will help you with his marvelous mind, giving you advice at any time and any moment. Also, he is always investigating new ways of improvement regarding our company, and as a humble gesture, he refuses any kind of salary raise because he feels totally fulfilled with this job. For these reasons and so much more (it would be impossible to summarize them in a few paragraphs), I hope that you choose him to be part of the contest as one of the worthy winners. Yours faithfully, Isabel
1

Suggestions: (___)
Corrections: have text crossed out.

Good job!

Heroes and Heroines at work – Contest – Practice for Advanced English C1 :)

I am writing you regarding due to the competition that you offered regarding the contest called “Heroes and Heroines at work”. I want to nominate a colleague, Frank Underwood, who is working with me in my department and who I believe is the best candidate possible. To show you that, I will give you the reasons in the next (few) paragraphs.

Frank is the best person I have ever met and the (most clever too) cleveresttoo. He has three economic degrees, which are very important to the company to keep developing within a competitive world as is ours. His effort and bravery within our job company is quite fascinating. He can be working fourteen hours a day without any complaint, all for the sake of the company. He can be doing multiple tasks at the same time without arguing with our boss, and with a smile on in his face all the time.

But the best thing he does is to help me and the rest of the department, to improve our knowledge and skills regarding our jobs, without hesitation and selfishness, making him to be the best workmate (coworker) in the world. If you have any problem, he will help you with his marvelous mind, giving you advice at any time and any moment. Also, he is always investigating (researching) new ways of improvement regarding our company, and as a humble gesture, he refuses any kind of salary raise because he feels totally fulfilled with this job.

For these reasons and so many much more (it would be impossible to summarize them in a few paragraphs), I hope that you choose him to be part of the contest as one of the worthy winners.

Yours faithfully,

Isabel