luobo
Writing Based on Reading and Listening(The reading passage and listening script are in the picture) The lecture refutes the reading passage's opinion of altruism among human beings and animals, which means that animals and people often sacrifice their own interest to others by gaining nothing for themselves. First, after close observing the meerkats' activities, it finds that compare to the belief in the passage that the meerkat is guard without food, the lecture shows that the guard often eats food before it acts as a sentinel. Contrast with the reading passage, the lecture asserts that the sentinel meerkat is more safe than the rest of the meerkats, because the sentinel meerkat can easily escape after plotting a predator since it often stay near burrow. Furthermore, the alarm which gives by the guard often makes the other meerkats move together or form a group, which will draw the attention of the predator.Therefore the sentinel has more changes to escape. Second, the lecture also illustrates that the unselfish acts among humans also don’t mean devoting themselves without gaining anything. The person who shares food with strangers or donates of body organs often receives high appreciation from others. The respect and admire from others are often valued more than the other benefit to some people.