Emily2011
Confusion I am a little depressed these day,for even though I made a great effort in my English study,I didn't make much progress.I know learning a foreign lauage a long and hard journey and I needn't have been so anxious,however I find some problemes I have had in this progress,maybe they are also your problemes , I share here to everybody. I think I spent too much time to memory new words,especially one word has many distinct meanings .For example,"clear",the room is very clear,am i making myself clear,it is as far as I knew.After seaching in the internet,"clear"can mean "clean",and even can mean "get over".The amount of such sorts of words are innumerous.they are really driving me mad . Then I reminded a story I came across recently on italki,someone would ask questiones like what's the difference between "忽略" and "忽视" or the difference between "我要"and "我想".As a native speaker in Chinese,I don't know exact difference between them frankly.What I want to say is ,as a foreign lauage, some words we can recognize them,can use them,can tranlate them,it is enough,spending too much time in details maybe is a waste of time.

Confusion

I am a little depressed these days,for even though I made a great effort in my English study.I didn't make much progress.I know learning a foreign lauage a long and hard journey and I needn't have been so anxious,however I find some problemes I have had in this progress,maybe they are also your problemes .I share them here to everybody.
I think I spent too much time to memorize new words,especially one word has many distinct meanings .For example,"clear",the room is very clear,am i making myself clear,it is as far as I knew.After seaching on the internet,"clear"can mean "clean",and even can mean "get over".The amount of such sorts of words are innumerous.they are really driving me mad .
Then I reminded a story I came across recently on italki,someone would ask questiones like what's the difference between "忽略" and "忽视" or the difference between "我要"and "我想".As a native speaker in Chinese,I don't know exact difference between them frankly.What I want to say is ,as a foreign language, some words we can recognize them,can use them,can tranlate them. That is enough,spending too much time in details maybe is a waste of time.

Thanks, Fabrizio,good luck to you too!
Hello Emily, i totally agree with you, learning a new language, especially if it's so different from our 母语 can be really frustrating. I'm going through the same feelings that you have, I'm trying to learn 普通话, 努力is very strong, but I think that 破釜沉舟 we can do it! Just never give up! In the beginning also for me 要 and 想 were really confusing, as well as 能,会 and 可以, but with some practice things can go 顺利... Bye!