hesd10
My life in Munich Now I am in Munich (Muenchen) for three months' exchange study. Munich is a very friendly city, I can always receive warm greeting from Munich citizens (they call themselves "Muenchner"), though most of the time I can not understand them because I can not speak German. What also express me is that, when I am going to cross the road, the cars nearby would stop in front of me to let me pass first, I never experience such things in China. The S-bahn and U-bahn in Munich are very fast, it only takes me one and a half hours to travel a distance of 60 kilometers. I think the most interesting things about Munich subway is that, you do not need to show your ticket when you get on the train, which is quite different with Chinese subways. But not checking when you get on the train does not mean that you can be free of ticket, staffs in MVV would check your ticket in random carriage and random time. If you are taking subways without valid tickets, you would be fined with 40 Euros. But according to my observation, I find that it is quite uncommon to meet ticket checkers, for example, I did not meet any of them in my second month's stay here. Thus when one day I was checked twice within thirty minutes, I think today is my dog's day!