Anna Permyakova
My Great-Grandfather During World War II. May 1945 My great-grandfather, Andrey Selyaskin, was a Soviet soldat, a sergeant in the 1381st Anti-Aircraft Artillery Regiment of the 3rd Guards Tank Army of the 1st Ukrainian Front, and a gunlayer on a 76.2 mm cannon. In May, 1945, the 3rd Guards Tank Army participated in the Prague offensive. Despite the fact that the storm of Berlin had been completed and Germany had signed the capitulation act, a large German group consisting of units of the Army Groups Centre (under F. Schörner) and Austria (under L. Rendulic) were located in Czechoslovakia. The approach of Soviet and American troops stepped up the Czech resistance. The Prague uprising against the German occupation began on the 5th of May, 1945. Between May 6 and 12, the Soviet troops of the 1st, 2nd and 4th Ukrainian Fronts launched the Prague offensive to defeat the German forces in the territory of Czechoslovakia and liberate its capital city of Prague. The 3rd Guards Tank Army, and the 3rd and 5th Guards Armies of the 1st Ukrainan Front with the assistance of the 2nd Polish Army captured Dresden on the 8th of May. On the night of May 9, the 3rd and 4th Guards Tank Armies of the 1st Ukrainian Front carried out a 80 km rapid advance and entered Prague at dawn. Czechoslovakia was liberated by the Soviet, Polish, Romanian, Czechoslovakian and U.S. Armies in May, 1945.
1

My Great-Grandfather During World War II. May 1945

My great-grandfather, Andrey Selyaskin, was a Soviet soldat soldier, a sergeant in the 1381st Anti-Aircraft Artillery Regiment of the 3rd Guards Tank Army of the 1st Ukrainian Front, and a gunlayer on a 76.2 mm cannon. 
In May, 1945, the 3rd Guards Tank Army participated in the Prague offensive.
Despite the fact that the storm of Berlin had been completed and Germany had signed the capitulation act, a large German group consisting of units of the Army Groups Centre (under F. Schörner) and Austria (under L. Rendulic) were located in Czechoslovakia.
The approach of Soviet and American troops stepped up the Czech resistance.
The Prague uprising against the German occupation began on the 5th of May, 1945.
Between May 6th and 12th, the Soviet troops of the 1st, 2nd and 4th Ukrainian Fronts launched the Prague offensive to defeat the German forces in the territory of Czechoslovakia and liberate its capital city of Prague. 
The 3rd Guards Tank Army, and the 3rd and 5th Guards Armies of the 1st Ukrainan Front with the assistance of the 2nd Polish Army captured Dresden on the 8th of May.
On the night of May 9th, the 3rd and 4th Guards Tank Armies of the 1st Ukrainian Front carried out a 80 km rapid advance and entered Prague at dawn.
Czechoslovakia was liberated by the Soviet, Polish, Romanian, Czechoslovakian and U.S. Aarmies in May, 1945.

1

My great-grandfather, Andrey Selyaskin, was a Soviet soldier, a sergeant in the 1381st Anti-Aircraft Artillery Regiment of the 3rd Guards Tank Army of the 1st Ukrainian Front, and a gunlayer on a 76.2 mm gun.

Despite the fact that the storming of Berlin had been completed and Germany had signed  an  act of capitulation, a large German group consisting of units of the Army Groups Centre (under F. Schörner) and Austria (under L. Rendulic) were located in Czechoslovakia.

Between May 6 and 12, the Soviet troops of the 1st, 2nd and 4th Ukrainian Fronts launched the Prague offensive to defeat the German forces in the territory of Czechoslovakia and liberate its capital city of Prague.
On the night of May 9, the 3rd and 4th Guards Tank Armies of the 1st Ukrainian Front carried out a 80 km rapid advance and entered Prague at dawn.
Czechoslovakia was liberated by the Soviet, Polish, Romanian, Czechoslovakian and U.S. Armies in May, 1945.

Notes: Gun is now used instead of the older term cannon. I am not sure when this term camme to be used but cannons were unrifled, muzzle loading and did not use cased ammunition.

I am unsure about this sentence <em>"The approach of Soviet and American troops stepped up the Czech resistance." </em>You often see something like this

<em>The approach of Soviet and American troops stiffened the Czech resistance.</em>