Li.Laoshi
Back from hiatus It's been a while since I've wrote an entry. Since that time, I've spent 5 weeks in Xi'an learning Mandarin at a homestay - 7 hours a day. It was really intense and I managed to learn a lot very quickly. However, since I've returned to Melbourne in January, I've only had a couple of lessons. I think the biggest problem is remembering all the new vocabulary which I seldom use in day-to-day conversations. If you are like me and have trouble remembering 汉字, the best advice I received was to just write in it. You'll start to remember a lot more characters that way. The other big problem I have is there's no environment to really immerse myself for Chinese speaking unlike in China where very few people on the street actually speak English. There you're forced to on a daily basis while over here, it's quite rare when no one speaks any English (except in the beginner classes).
yay,for our English learner,it really puzzles me that there are few people speak English,i rarely have chances to practice.
June 19, 2014