Guodong
How to learn English? I am a college student of grade2 in SJTU in China.Because our education bureau attach much importance to English,so most of us China students have been studying English as an important subject for several years.However, the consequence is not so optimistic as I wish. I think the reasons for this are as follows:First,the eaucation equalities between the east and west of China are really different.And the differences between regions are quiet obvious.Then,second,I know that Chinese,my mother tongue,belongs to East Asian Language System and English belongs to European Language System.Languages in the same Language System may have the same origin and more same grammer rules and logic behind them.So,it is easy to explain why a person who speak Chinese as his mother tongue could learn Janpaese or Korean easier than most western beginners.Also,when it comes to a English native speaker learn Spanish or French, the situation is similar.Unfortunately, Chinese and English belong to different Language Systemo(╯□╰)o……And last, I think the environment is essential.That's why so many English teachers say that if we live abroad for a few months,the effect is better than learning in our country many years and encourage us to communicate with each other using english to creat a small language environment by ourselves. I know English is important and useful in my future life with the globalization more and more realistic.And I want to learn it well and have a chat fluently with foreign friends.But I just can not learn it well... Rencently,I found I have difficulty in learning new words and English listening and speaking.I can not make a link between the spelling and the meaning of the new words and I will forget them very quickly.It seems that all I did is in vain.I can not follow the listening materials teacher play in the class and when I communicate with others directly I usually don't know howto switch my thoughts in Chinese into English and it is really embarrassing when you don't know how to say… Can someone give me any suggestions about this?And I want to make foreign friends because I like making friends.I want to improve my English level.And also I want to know more about different cltures(^_^).Yep,my skype ID is Guodong,liang.(although I have no friends on it yet〒_〒……)