vanrooyraf
Can someone help me to translate this sentence? 经学的地位还不如西汉古尸,出土文物,出土文物还可以炫耀一下, 如王堆西汉古尸的防腐技术在古代居于世界前列,古代丝织品与漆器如何之精美, 而古代的经典则尽是拉圾糟粕。 从此,经学无人研究,在中国竟成了绝学! 究其原因, 是经学所阐发的经典的普遍意义与价值,所信奉的“常理”与“常道”, 同近代以来国人奉行的源自西方的激进意识形态不相容, 所以如《易经》所说, 处此“时位”只能“天地闭贤人隐”, 经典也只能“潜龙勿用”。
2

Can someone help me to translate this sentence?

经学的地位还不如西汉古尸, The status of Classical Studies is not like that of the mummy of Western Han Dynasty.

出土文物还可以炫耀一下, At least cultural relics dugged out from the earth can be dazzled for awhile.

如王堆西汉古尸的防腐技术在古代居于世界前列, For example, Western Han balming process in preventing body decay is most technologically advanced in the anicent world.

古代丝织品与漆器如何之精美, How gorgeous are the ancient silk fabrics and lacquer 

而古代的经典则尽是拉圾糟粕。 where as Classical Studies are relegated to the rubbish heap.

从此,经学无人研究,在中国竟成了绝学! Thus from now, when no one researches, it will become an extinct study in China!
究其原因, The reason for this

是经学所阐发的经典的普遍意义与价值,are the values and ethics being expounded;

所信奉的“常理”与“常道”, the so called beliefs in common sense and common principles.

同近代以来国人奉行的源自西方的激进意识形态不相容, This is because they are at odds with those from the West that the people has come to embrace

所以如《易经》所说, 处此“时" 與 "位”只能“天地闭贤人隐”, 经典也只能“潜龙勿用”。

For example, in the I-Ching, the<em> Book of Changes,</em><em> </em>it states that everything depends on the time and the place.  Alas, "when Heaven and Earth darkens, the wise and sagacious hide", thus the Classics Study can only become "the concealed dragon, no longer used".

The "dragon" here means the talented.

http://www.kuleuven.be/wieiswie/nl/person/u0013792 你也可以問他

经学的地位还不如西汉古尸,出土文物,

"The Book of Changes" 's position is even worse than the Mummy in Western Han Dynasty and other unearthed relics.

出土文物还可以炫耀一下, 如王堆西汉古尸的防腐技术在古代居于世界前列,古代丝织品与漆器如何之精美, 而古代的经典则尽是拉圾糟粕。

Because the unearthed relics could be shown off.For example,the aseptic technic of the Mummy in Western Han Dynasty is the top of world in that era,the ancient silk and lacquer is so exquisite.In contrast, 【there are many people】think that the ancient classics is full of garbage dross.
从此,经学无人研究,在中国竟成了绝学!

Since then, few people care about the research of "The Book of Changes".It is Near extinction.
究其原因, 是经学所阐发的经典的普遍意义与价值,所信奉的“常理”与“常道”,

To investigate its reason,that is about its universal meanings and values which is Embraced by people called "logical thinking" and "logical principle”.
同近代以来国人奉行的源自西方的激进意识形态不相容,

That is Conflicted with the Radical ideologies of Western since the modern times.

所以如《易经》所说, 处此“时位”只能“天地闭贤人隐”, 经典也只能“潜龙勿用”。

So as "The Book of Changes" said, we wise poople can only live in seclusion, just like the classics in 【this era】.

Please just for reference : )