Is football really so important? I wanted to write something here but I had no idea about what I could write about. But the idea has immediately come to my mind when I have started to read an online newspaper. Yesterday, a very decisive football match took place. The result was going to decide which team was going to be the champion of the league. Although neither team won the game (they draw) Atlético de Madrid was awarded as champion of the league. Just some hours later, this piece of news appeared in every single newspaper front page. On the other hand, reading a local newspaper I have found out that a demonstration of thousands of people took place yesterday in my city to protest against the greatest stockholder of the city football team, which has now many possibilities to lower to another rank, after lower one year ago from the first to the second league. I can understand that football has so many suppporters and that it could be a good way to cheer people up and made them forget about their problems. But is it really so important to call for a demonstration or to appear in the front pages of every newspaper ignoring another very important pieces of news? It could sound populist but I think that people should spend their strenght in another problems. Healthcare system, Education system, corruption, etc. Unfortunately, there is a wide variety to choose.

Is football really so important?

I wanted to write something here but I had no idea about what I could write about. But the idea has immediately come to my mind when I have started to read an online newspaper. Yesterday, a very decisive football match took place. The result was going to decide which team was going to be the champion of the league. Although neither team won the game (they drew) Athletico Madrid was awarded as champion of the league.

Just some hours later, this piece of news appeared in every single newspaper front page. On the other hand, reading a local newspaper I have found out that a demonstration of thousands of people took place yesterday in my city to protest against the greatest stockholder of the city football team, which now seems likely to be relegated to (Not 100% this is what you meant, sorry) another league, after lower going down one year ago from the first to the second league.

I can understand that football has so many suppporters and that it could be a good way to cheer people up and made them forget about their problems. But is it really so important to call for a demonstration or to appear in the front pages of every newspaper ignoring another very important pieces of news? It could sound populist but I think that people should spend their strength in another problems, such as the Healthcare system, Education system, corruption, etc. Unfortunately, there is a wide variety to choose from.

This is really well written, and also makes a good point! To go down a league in sports we either say they are 'relegated' (which is opposite to 'promoted' like in one's career) or occasionally we say they've just 'gone down'.

Is football really so important?

I wanted to write something here but I had no idea what I could write about. However, (not typical to start with a but) an idea immediately came to my mind when I started to read an online newspaper. Yesterday, a very decisive football match took place. The result was going to decide which team was going to be the champions of the league. Although neither team won the game (they drew) Atlético de Madrid was awarded as champion of the league. Within a few hours, this piece of news appeared on the front page of every single newspaper.

On the other hand, whilst reading a local newspaper, I found out that a demonstration of thousands of people took place yesterday in my city to protest against the major shareholder of the city football team, which is now likely to be relegated one year after relegation from the first to the second league.

I can understand that football has so many suppporters and that it could be a good way to cheer people up and made them forget about their problems. But is it really so important to call for a demonstration or to appear in the front pages of every newspaper ignoring other very important pieces of news? It could sound populist but I think that people should spend their energy on other problems. Healthcare system, Education system, corruption, etc. Unfortunately, there is a wide variety to choose from.

Quite contrary... It's nothing, but waste of resources. The same applies to celebrities.
haha Thanks! :) but I don't think it's that good! I hope someone can correct my mistakes :)
wooow Your English so good...