YourKoreanTeacher쌤
Click if you want to learn KOREAN Terms of Endearment<3 I like calling my female friends "sweetie", "babygirl" or "ma douce" =] I enjoy how close it makes us feel. But I don't call my Korean friends any of these unless I am joking around. So, how do I address those whom I am speaking to in general? Put simply, (1) Using Korean terms of Endearment shows friendship or family ties. (2) Wether Male or female, people who are younger than you would be addressed by their names. (3) There are different terms for each age group, but I am just talking about basics here..! If you are a boy, you would call any guys who are older than you (including your order brother) "Hyeong", older women "Noona" If you are a girl, you would call girls older than you "Unni", guys who are older than you "Oppa" It is a bit complicated with "Oppa" though, because it can sound like you are flirting with the guy when used to address someone who aren't blood related. Because of Korean culture that "cutesiness" is cherished, girlfriends call their boyfriends "Oppa", and even wives say it to their husbands. In my opinion, you could put the guy's name to it before you say Oppa, -let's say his name is "Youngsu"- for example, "Youngsu Oppa" to neutralise the confusion or anything close to flirtation, but this could still be taken the wrong way. One more tip, Koreans use "Jagiya" "Jagi" only if they are in romantically involved, "yobo" when they get married. "Jagi" means "you" and it might not sound as sweet when you only think about the definition of the word, but it depends on who says it and how you say it. I hope this helps ! =]
I need ur help to improve my English :(
<3 to Sana, Sara :)
yay! thanks so much for this entry ma belle! i was so confused by these terms over the past couple of weeks, and many articles kept over-complicating the situation ^_^
Kamsamnida :)
Whether*