Sara
what i was learning today~ korean consonants+ vowels (lesson 1) Today - 23 May 2014 i did my first proper lesson of Korean and i learnt all about the vowel and consonant. In Korean the consonant is always pronounced in combination with a wovel, and there are 3 typed of consonant- Plain consonants - ㄱ,ㄴ,ㄷ,ㄹ,ㅁ,ㅂ,ㅅ,ㅇ,ㅈ Aspirated consonants - ㅋ,ㅌ,ㅍ,ㅊ,ㅎ Glottalized consonants - ㄲ,ㄸ,ㅃ,ㅆ,ㅉ Hangul consists of 40 letters. It has 21 vowels and 19 consonants; among these 40 letters, 24 are the basic letters while the other 16 are compounds formed from the basic letters. (From this i was able to remember that - 2 types of wovel 3 types of consonant) When you write a vowel which does not have syllable consonant, you must write the consonant 'ㅇ'. In this case, 'ㅇ' is a null consonant which i now know indicates the absence of a syllable consonant (the ones you pronounce) There is also 2 types of vowel- Simple vowel - ㅏ,ㅓ,ㅗ,ㅜ,ㅡ,ㅣ,ㅐ,ㅔ Diphthongs - ㅑ,ㅕ,ㅛ,ㅠ,ㅖ,ㅒ,ㅘ,ㅙ,ㅝ,ㅞ,ㅚ,ㅟ,ㅢ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Today i focused on sounding out the consonants when put together with the simple vowel "ㅏ" this is what i did - 가 까 나 싸 다 빠 라 찌 마 끼 바 사 아 자

what i was learning today~ korean consonants + vowels (lesson 1)

Today - 23 May 2014

i did my first proper lesson of Korean and i learnt all about the vowel and consonant.

In Korean the consonant is always pronounced in combination with a wovel, and there are 3 typed types of consonant-

Plain consonants - ㄱ,ㄴ,ㄷ,ㄹ,ㅁ,ㅂ,ㅅ,ㅇ,ㅈ
Aspirated consonants - ㅋ,ㅌ,ㅍ,ㅊ,ㅎ
Glottalized consonants - ㄲ,ㄸ,ㅃ,ㅆ,ㅉ

Hangul consists of 40 letters. It has 21 vowels and 19 consonants; among these 40 letters, 24 are the basic letters while the other 16 are compounds formed from the basic letters.

(From this i was able to remember that -
2 types of wovel vowel
3 types of consonant)

When you write a vowel which does not have syllable consonant, you must write the consonant 'ㅇ'. In this case, 'ㅇ' is a null consonant which i now know indicates the absence of a syllable consonant (the ones you pronounce)

There is are also 2 types of vowel-

Simple vowel - ㅏ,ㅓ,ㅗ,ㅜ,ㅡ,ㅣ,ㅐ,ㅔ
Diphthongs - ㅑ,ㅕ,ㅛ,ㅠ,ㅖ,ㅒ,ㅘ,ㅙ,ㅝ,ㅞ,ㅚ,ㅟ,ㅢ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i focused on sounding out the consonants when put together with the simple vowel "ㅏ"

this is what i did -

가 까
나 싸
다 빠
라 찌
마 끼

All looking good! I think the mistakes I corrected were mostly likely typos, rather than anything else - don't forget that 'I' is always capitalised in English though :)

Where do you take the lesson? here on Italki? or somewhere else? The grammars look pretty cool. Although I am Korean, It might take me a little to understand the structures. Wow. You did a great job! haha,