樱桃节- The Cherry festival

樱桃节
我们上个星期参观樱桃节。樱桃节在小村子很近。村子很漂亮。我们那里有朋友。他们也有一个女儿。我们早上坐火车。花半小时。山水很美。之后朋友开车。村子有很多人。音乐,孩子玩了,吃樱桃。天气预报不好。但是都天天气好的。我们在朋友的家吃午饭。午饭以后我们在村子漫步。女孩们玩了,很开心。我们七点晚上回家。

(我自知中文水準淺薄, 若不練習何能精進?)

The Cherry festival.
Last week we went to a cherry festival. The cherry festival was in a little village nearby. It is very pretty. We have some friends there. Our friends also have a daughter. In the morning we went by train. It took half an hour. The landscape was nice. After that our friends took us by car. In the village there were a lot of people. Music, children playing, eating cherries. The weather forecast wasn’t good, but the weather was good all day. We had lunch at our friends’ House. After lunch we went for a walk around the village. The girls played. They were very happy. At 7 in the evening we took the train home.

樱桃节- The Cherry festival

樱桃节
    上个星期我们参加了樱桃节。樱桃节在附近一个漂亮的村子举行。我们那里有朋友。他们也有一个女儿。我们早上坐火车,花半小时。沿途风景很美。之后朋友开车送我们。村子有很多人,放着音乐,孩子一边玩耍,一边吃樱桃。天气预报说天气不好。但是全天天气都很好。我们在朋友的家吃午饭。午饭以后我们在村子里漫步。女孩们玩的很开心。我们七点晚上回的家。

(我自知中文水準淺薄, 若不練習何能精進?)

The Cherry festival.

樱桃节- The Cherry festival

樱桃节
    我们上个星期参观樱桃节。参观 is most used in "visit a place" in Mandarin. Cherry festival is more like an "activity" in Mandarin.上个星期,我们参加了樱桃节的活动。

樱桃节在小村子很近。sounds strange.樱桃节在附近的小村子里举办。

村子很漂亮。我们那里有朋友。他们也有一个女儿。correct

我们早上坐火车。花半小时。-->(better to connect the two sentences)山水很美。correct too, but I think 风景 is a more close match to landscape

早上我们坐火车过去,花了半小时。风景很美。

之后朋友开车。然后,我的朋友开车载我们(took us by car)。

村子有很多人。音乐,孩子玩了,吃樱桃。村子有很多人。音乐,儿童玩耍,吃樱桃……非常热闹。

better to add 非常热闹 to describe how you feel as a summary of "music children playing and eating cherries"

天气预报不好。但是都天天气好的。 

天气预报说今天天气不好,但其实整天天气都挺好的。整天 is used to emphasize "all day". 

我们在朋友家吃了午饭,

午饭以后我们在村子漫步。

饭后,我们在村子周围散步散步&漫步 have a little difference. 散步 is often used when you took a walk after meals while 漫步 is used when you want to relax or want to enjoy the view or just walk aimlessly.

在村子周围散步 why add 周围? because 散步 needs space, 周围is emphasizing that you walk around it.

在村子里散步can work too.

女孩们玩了,很开心。-->connected into one sentence.

女孩们在那里玩得非常开心。

我们七点晚上回家。

晚上7点,我们坐火车回家了。time comes first in order.

I was just about to ask why you suspended practicing Mandarin and then I saw your latest entry.:D

(我自知中文水準淺薄, 若不練習何能精進?)

The Cherry festival.

樱桃节- The Cherry festival

樱桃节

我们上个星期我们到一个参观樱桃节, 。樱桃节一个小村子的附近。村子很漂亮。我们那里我们朋友。他们也有一个女儿。我们早上坐火车。花半小时才到。山水優秀。之后朋友开车来接我们去。村子有很多人, 音乐,孩子吃樱桃。天气预报錯了不好但是都因為整天气。我们在朋友的家吃午饭。我们在村子漫步。女们玩了,很开心。我们七点晚上搭火车回家。

(我自知中文水準淺薄, 若不練習何能精進?)

The Cherry festival.

樱桃节- The Cherry festival

樱桃节
    我们上个星期参樱桃节。樱桃节在小村子近。村子很漂亮。我们那里有朋友。他们也有一个女儿。我们早上坐火车。花半小时(到达那里)。山水(那里的景色)很美。之后朋友开车带我们进去。村子有很多人。音乐,孩子,吃樱桃。天气预报说天气不好。但是天天气好的。我们在朋友的家吃午饭。午饭以后我们在村子漫步**。女孩们玩了,很开心。我们七点晚上回家。

(我自知中文水準淺薄, 若不練習何能精進?)

The Cherry festival.

** " 漫步" 这个词用得很好!有意境!

加油!

樱桃节 

我们上个星期参观(“了”shows the past tense out)樱桃节。樱桃节在小村子很近是在一个很近的小村子里办的(1.办,the short form of "举办".means "hold".Actually we don't say"举办节日hold a festivel",we say"庆祝节日celebrate a festivel”,but here,we mean the activities to celebrate that festivel would be in the village,but not the festivel would be in there,"节日festivel"is an abstract concept,I mean it is not a real thing,so it can't be anywhere.So in this sentence,“樱桃节"means "樱桃节的庆祝活动",it is an ellipsis usage,it is OK,very concise,but you can't say"樱桃节在一个附近的小村子里"but"樱桃节是在附近的一个小村子里办的2.You use "小村子很近" to say "a village nearby",so that the other two Chinese friends both thought you mean "it was hold at a place that is close to the village" instead of"it was hold at a village nearby",because you used postpositional modifiers,you used "很近" to modify "村子",that is OK,but don't put it backward,there isn't any postpositional modifiers in Chinese,they make ambiguity.)村子很漂亮。我们那里有朋友。他们也有一个女儿。我们早上坐火车到那里。花半小时。山水很美。之后朋友开车。村子有很多人。还有音乐,孩子玩了,吃樱桃。天气预报不好。但是天天气都挺好的。我们在朋友的家吃午饭。午饭以后我们在村子漫步。女孩们玩了,很开心。我们七点晚上晚上七点回家。 (English:say the word in a small range first,then the word in a larger range.Chinese is opposite totally.For Example:English:eight p.m.;Chinese:晚上八点;English:Beijing,China.Chinese:中国北京.)

上个星期,我们去樱桃节了。樱桃节是我们附近的一个村庄办的,那个小村子很漂亮。我们在那边有朋友,他们也有个女儿。我们早上坐了半个小时的火车坐到了朋友那里,那里的景色真的好美。之后朋友开车带我们去的樱花节那边。村子里有好多人,可热闹了,还放着欢快的音乐,孩子们一起玩耍,当然,还吃了樱桃。天气预报报得并不准,不过一整天天气都还算挺好的。我们在朋友家吃的午饭,饭后又在村子里面散了散步。女孩子们在一起玩得很开心。我们晚上七点回的家。

More notebook entries written in Chinese (Mandarin)