Isabella P
IELTS writing task 1 answer (2) The line graph compares the figures for the consumption per capita per week of food in China over a period of 25 years. It is clear that fish had been the most popular of the three types of food throughout the period shown. Also, while the figure for consumption of meat increased gradually, the figure for salt consumption fell steadily. In 1985, Chinese people consumed an average of 600 grams of fish per week, while the figures for salt and meat consumption were less than 500 and approximately 100 grams respectively. Five years later, the average number of grams of fish eaten by each Chinese person rose to 700, before sliding back to the level as it started another five years later. By 2010, the figure for fish consumption had risen to some 850 grams, and the figure for meat consumption had doubled, to 200 grams. By contrast, Chinese people had been eating less and less salt over the period. The figure for salt consumption had fallen from 500 to 200 grams.

The line graph compares the figures for the consumption of food per capita, per week, of food in China over a period of 25 years.

It is clear that fish had been the most popular of the three types of food throughout the period shown. Also, while the figure for consumption of meat consumption increased gradually, the figure for salt consumption fell steadily.

In 1985, Chinese people consumed an average of 600 grams of fish per week, while the figures for salt and meat consumption were less than 500 and approximately 100 grams respectively. Five years later, the average number of grams of fish eaten by each Chinese person rose to 700, before sliding back to the same level as where it started (began) another five years later earlier.

By 2010, the figure for fish consumption had risen to some 850 grams, and the figure for meat consumption had doubled, to 200 grams. By contrast, Chinese people had been eating less and less salt over the during this/during the same period. The figure for salt consumption had fallen from 500 to 200 grams.

Note how absurd some of these IELTS graphs are. SALT consumption 500gms per week? 5 times as much salt as meat! Stupid example.

IELTS writing task 1 answer (2)

The line graph compares the figures for the consumption per capita per week of food in China over a period of 25 years.

It is clear that fish had been the most popular of the three types of food throughout the period shown. Also, while the figure for consumption of meat increased gradually, the figure for salt consumption fell steadily.

In 1985, Chinese people consumed an average of 600 grams of fish per week, while the figures for salt and meat consumption were less than 500 and approximately 100 grams respectively. Five years later, the average number of grams of fish eaten by each Chinese person rose to 700, before sliding back to the level as where it started another five years later.

By 2010, the figure for fish consumption had risen to some 850 grams, and the figure for meat consumption had doubled, to 200 grams. By contrast, Chinese people had been eating less and less salt over the period. The figure for salt consumption had fallen from 500 to 200 grams.