sarasoars
Ramadan and Fasting Today I want to talk about Ramadan since it has came. Ramadan is a holy month every year in Islam based on the lunar calendar. Muslims fast from the dawn until sunset, they don't eat or drink until breakfast time. Fasting is not just you don't eat or drink, your 5 senses are also fasting. Muslims are encouraged to behave well, treat others well, take care of other people, forgiving, self monitoring and self discipline, learning to be patient. Also it encourages you to think of the needy. Muslims perform more prayers than in usual days and do many good things. They give food or money to poor people and prepare food for others for example, preparing breakfast meals in mosques. It's a month for fasting and discipline for better health, awareness and humanity, to the people who are fasting and the community. Is fasting hard? In my opinion it's not, just the first few days because of the change in the system after that you'll get use to it however people may feel thirsty if the weather is too hot. So actually it's tiring for the people who are not living a healthy life, eating too much, sleep late and eat late at night, and when they break their fast they eat the wrong food. They might feel tired because the body is cleansing itself. Ramadan is a time for your body to take a rest, clean and balance itself, and for the soul as well, it's not a time to think about food, we eat to live not live to eat. Ramadan is a gift to people to think of their lives, to be connected to the Creator, to be thankful and to be healthy mentally and physically, but people are shifting from its real meaning and reason behind it. I found this video that speaks about fasting with English subtitles, skip to 2:27. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8AJ-PTnD2E
Assalamu alaykum السلام عليكم جزاك الله خيرا Thank you for sharing this. :)
Can u plz write this in saudi dialect/spoken arabic of KSA so v can add up our vocabs plz?