John
A girl wants to sell her hair to offord her sister's fee A girl, 15, from coast province Jiangsu, wants to sell her long hair online. She's been cherishing her hair from two years old, and her hair is 1.3 meters long today. She has three siblings, two sisters and one brother, in her family. Of course, during her birth year, there was notorious one-child policy. But some families in the rural areas want to have a boy at all cost, because only a boy would be hope of a family. Likewise, this family have three girls, and followed by a boy. Of course, you can’t get any subsidies from the government because you have more than one child. On the contrary, the families that have a few siblings are punished by the government. Consequently, this family is, undoubtedly, poor. Schooling fee becomes a heavy burden of them. The oldest girl was admitted by a college after finishing high school this summer, and the second girl is going to attend high school. College and high school education is not compulsory, so it's quite expensive in China. There’s no way for this family. I don't think this girl's hair really worth much money. The real purpose of this family is attracting the public's attention, then some wealthy people might donate money for them. In fact, there were successful examples of this before. Some people may help them, but the local government nevertheless helps them. Having reading this story online, I can't help remember my school years. When I attended college fifteen years ago, my parents were hardly able to afford it. They spared no effort to support me, but it was still not enough. At last, my younger sister, 2 years younger than me, dropped from school at age of 16. And she went to Guangdong province for a job to support me. Actually it was common in those days. I mean, one or more siblings leave school for a work to support the other one.

A girl wants to sell her hair to offord her sister's fee

A girl, 15, from coastal Jiangsu province, wants to sell her long hair online. She's been cherishing (growing) her hair from two years old, and her hair is 1.3 meters long today. She has three siblings, two sisters and one brother, in her family. Of course, during her birth year, there was the notorious one-child policy. But some families in the rural areas want to have a boy at all costs, because only a boy would be hope of a family ("because only a boy can carry on the family name." "Be the hope of a family" doesn't quite make sense. I'm not sure exactly how to put it.). Likewise, this family have (has) three girls, and followed by a boy. Of course, you can’t get any subsidies from the government because you have more than one child. On the contrary, the families that have a few siblings are punished by the government.

Consequently, this family is undoubtedly poor. Schooling fees becomes have become a heavy burden of for them. The oldest girl was admitted by a college after finishing high school this summer, and the second girl is going to attend high school. College and high school education is not compulsory, so it's quite expensive in China. There’s no way for this family to make ends meet.

I don't think this girl's hair is really worth much money. The family's real purpose of this family is attracting the public's attention, then in the hopes that some wealthy people might donate money to them. In fact, there were (have been) successful examples of this before. Some people may help them, but the local government nevertheless helps them.

Having reading read this story online, I can't help but remember my school years. When I attended college fifteen years ago, my parents were hardly ("barely" is another option here) able to afford it. They spared no effort to support me, but it was still not enough. At last, my younger sister, 2 years younger than me, dropped out of from school at age of 16, and she went to Guangdong province for a job to support me. Actually it was common in those days I mean, for one or more siblings to leave school and work to support the other one.