Simon Lejeune
A step hard to make while building a house Hello everyone ! What's up ?! Today I'll be talking about a really hard stage in our languages learner's life. This stage that we all know and that I've never passed. I'm talking about the stage between the advanced level and the native level. This stage between managing to speak a language and speaking it fluently. If we're talking about international level, this stage between B2 and C1. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean, since I've ever heard people struggling at the same step. I think the hardest is certainly the fact that our progress isn't so obvious than at the beginning, and then it's discouraging. That's weird. A while after having begun learning a new language, we do exactly the same daily work as in the past few months, but it seems like we don't progress anymore. When I begun learning languages with Internet, 2 years ago, my progress was so big and so fast, I thought it would be so easy to reach a native level. But it isn't. And finally, better like this. That's great that we have to find the keys of the success. But it may be usefull to know how to find them though. " I manage to speak English quite well ", I have the impression that it's been one year I'm saying that. But when will I say : " Man, I speak English perfectly ! " . I wonder. I think it's like building a house. At the beginning, foudations are really quickly put, but then we have to add one by one, every brick. And that's only after having added every single brick, that we can see the final house. I'm looking forward to see my English house, and I wish everyone could one day see his house, with languages or with whatever you try to build in your life ! Thanks a lot for reading me and for correcting my mistakes, in this text too, I think I've put some bricks in the wrong way ;-) ! I'd like to have your opinion too !
1

A step hard to make while building a house

Hello everyone !

What's up ?!

Today I'll be talking about a really hard difficult stage in our languages learner's life. This stage that we all know and that I've never passed. I'm talking about the stage between the advanced level and the native level. This stage between managing to speak a language and speaking it fluently. If we're talking about international level the Common European Framework of Reference, this stage is between B2 and C1. I'm pretty sure you know what I mean, since I've ever often/always hear people struggling at the same step. I think the hardest is certainly the fact that our progress isn't so as obvious than as at the beginning, and then it's discouraging. That's weird. A while after having begun learning a new language, we do exactly the same daily work as in the previous months past few months, but it seems like we don't progress anymore. When I begun began learning languages with on the Internet, 2 years ago, my progress came so fast was so big and so fast, I thought it would be so really easy to reach a native level. But it isn't wasn't. And finally, better like this. That's great that we have to find the keys of the to success. But it may be usefull to know how to find them though.

" I manage to speak English quite well ", I have the impression that it's been one year I'm I've been saying that. But when will I say : " Man, I speak English perfectly ! " . I wonder. I think it's like building a house. At the beginning, foundations are really quickly put, but then we have to add one by one, every brick. And that's it's only after having added every single brick, that we can see the final house. I'm looking forward to seeing my English house, and I wish everyone could one day see his ? house, with languages or with whatever you try to build in your life !

Thanks a lot for reading me and for correcting my mistakes, in this text too, I think I've put some bricks in the wrong way ;-) ! I'd like to have your opinion too !

What do you exactly mean by "native level"? A toddler is a native, without command of the language, and so is a ten-year-old. Many natives can reach an extremely specialized level of professional expertise, while others prefer the use of vulgar words. For me, a foreigner which is striving to acquire a new language at the top level should have an adequate level of cultural competence, together with the ability to use different registers.
Well said and I agree with your statement 100%.I share your sentiment throughout .