Translating the news (English to Chinese) I don't often try to translate news reports into Chinese, but I thought I should start to do so more.I want to try and get as close to the original English as much as possible, but found this very hard as many of the English sentences are so long. I felt I had no choice but to shorten them and translate them as more smaller sentences to carry the same feelings and details over into Chinese. More experienced translators, I would really appreciate your feedback on the best way to handle translating very long sentences. Thank you. My translation: The weather in the UK is turning distinctly tropical with the hottest day of the year marred by torrential rain and major disruptions across parts of the transport network following a spectacular lightning storm last night. 英国的天气变得越来越热,今年最热的一天被暴雨损坏了,而且由于昨晚那个壮观的雷暴,公共交通线路网的很多部分被延误了。 An electrical storm in the early hours of this morning damaged power lines used by train provider Greater Anglia and had led to severely affected services to and from London Liverpool Street with a raft of cancelled trains. 一大早,火车服务供应Greater Anglia用的电缆被电暴毁坏了,因此出入伦敦Liverpool Street站的火车服务受到了严重影响,许多火车班次被取消了。 Lightning struck more than 3,000 times in two hours, BBC Weather said, giving eager photographers and storm lovers a sight to behold. 根据BBC气象服务,在两个小时内,空中出现了三千道闪电,令狂热的摄影师爱看雷暴的人大饱眼福。
翻译得很好,你的中文确实很棒!不过我觉得第一句有些小问题。 英国的天气越来越热带化,今年最热的一天过后下起了倾盆大雨,而且由于昨晚那个壮观的雷暴,公共交通线路网的很多部分被延误了。

Translating the news (English to Chinese)

I don't often try to translate news reports into Chinese, but I thought I should start to do so more.I want to try and get as close to the original English as much as possible, but found this very hard as many of the English sentences are so long. I felt I had no choice but to shorten them and translate them as more smaller sentences to carry the same feelings and details over into Chinese.
More experienced translators, I would really appreciate your feedback on the best way to handle translating very long sentences. Thank you.

My translation:

The weather in the UK is turning distinctly tropical with the hottest day of the year marred by torrential rain and major disruptions across parts of the transport network following a spectacular lightning storm last night.
英国的天气变得越来越热,今年最热的一天被暴雨损坏了,而且由于昨晚那个壮观的雷暴,公共交通线路网的很多部分被延误了。

英国最热的一天被突如其来的暴雨所破坏, 而部分传输网络也遭到了雷电的重创。

An electrical storm in the early hours of this morning damaged power lines used by train provider Greater Anglia and had led to severely affected services to and from London Liverpool Street with a raft of cancelled trains.
一大早,火车服务供应Greater Anglia用的电缆被电暴毁坏了,因此出入伦敦Liverpool Street站的火车服务受到了严重影响,许多火车班次被取消了。

今日凌晨,火车供应商Greater Anglia所用的电缆也遭受了累计的重创。 这也对许多进出伦敦利物浦的火车造成了严重的影响,许多班次不得不被迫取消。

Lightning struck more than 3,000 times in two hours, BBC Weather said, giving eager photographers and storm lovers a sight to behold.
根据BBC气象服务,在两个小时内,空中出现了三千道闪电,令狂热的摄影师爱看雷暴的人大饱眼福。

根据BBC天气预报, 在两个小时内,一共有超过3000次的闪电出现, 这样的奇观也令摄影,雷暴爱好者大饱眼福。

Thanks, but ummmm shouldn't you tell me the right way if you are going to point out mistakes? Theres nothing more annoying than someone going 'that's wrong' then not telling you the right way.
最热的一天被暴雨损坏了 incorrect 天 不能被 损坏。