Cuir
Storiette about the culture diversity Storiette about the culture diversity One day , John who is American, asked us, his Chinese colleagues :" Could I ask you guys a pretty private question?" "Of course!" we said. It seems nothing is a real private question in China. We can talk about the girl's age, your marriage and what disease you get. But actually, I was a little bit scared because I thought he was about to ask a so weird , so private or so embarrasing question. It turned out I thought it too much. His question was:" You Chinese people never go to see a dentist? Is that true?" We all laughed the moment we heard that question. One is for his serious looking, another is for the question itself. We answered him with "Yes! And why?" He couldn't understand and said :"Don't you clean your teeth at fixed periods?" Ok, people will think Chinese people are dirty and lack of general hygiene. I need to explain this. First, China is a developing country and society is also under developing, so most people don't have the awareness of protecting our health professionally, let alone their teeth. I was taught to brush my teeth when I was in High school. I still remember how happy I was at that time for brushing my teeth like an adult. You need to know my family is in a very small village. We don't put the "teeth" thing in our custom. Secondly, most people won't pay attention to their teeth until they don't need to worry about their food or the cost of children's education. Economic income limits their life level. At last, the most important thing is most people have good teeth without toothbrushes or dentists. Haha...

An anecdote about cultural differences 

One day , John who is American, asked us, his Chinese colleagues :" Could I ask you guys a pretty personal question?" "Of course!" we said. It seems no topic about one's personal life is a really "off limits" in China. We can talk about a girl's age, her marital life and even what diseases she has.

[Comment: use parallel construction - don't shift from "a girl" to "you/your"]

But actually, I was a little bit apprehensive because I thought he was about to ask a very weird, personal or embarrassing question. It turned out I was over-anxious. His question was:" Is it true that you Chinese people never go to see a dentist?" We all laughed the moment we heard that question; firstly, because his facial expression was so serious, and secondly, because of the question itself.

[Comment: again use parallel construction - firstly, because x and secondly, because y]

We answered him with "Yes! And why?" He couldn't understand and asked :"Don't you clean your teeth at regular intervals?

Ok, some people may think Chinese people are dirty and lacking in general hygiene. I need to explain this. Firstly, China is a developing country and society is also under developing, so most people are not sufficiently aware of the need to look after their health in a professional manner, including their teeth. I was taught to brush my teeth when I was in high school. I still remember how happy I was at that time that I could brush my teeth like an adult. You need to know that I grew up in a very small village. Looking after our teeth is not one of our customs. Secondly, most people won't pay attention to their teeth until they have enough food and have paid for their children's education. Their income limits their standard of living. Finally, the most important thing is most people have good enough teeth without needing toothbrushes or dentists. Haha...

Further Comments:

1) "cultural diversity" means "the diversity of cultures in a society".  For example, China is predominantly populated by Han Chinese but there are many other ethnic groups in China.  The U.S. is also culturally diverse.  Iceland, by comparison, is not racially or culturally diverse.

2) "personal question" is preferable to "private question"

3) "Firstly, China is a developing country and society is also under developing," - what is meant by "society is also under developing"?  How does the statement "China is a developing country" differ in meaning from "society is also under developing,"?

A Storiette [Very rare word. A short story/narrative is better] on Cultural Diversity Differences

One day, Johnan American asked us, his Chinese colleagues, 

"Can I ask you guys a pretty private question?"

"Of course!"

We answered.  said. It seems nothing is a real private question In China, it seemed that there is no such thing as a private question. We can talk about the girl's age, your marriage and what kind of disease you are suffering from. get.

Actually, I was a little bit scared because I thought he was about to ask something that is so weird, so private and so embarrasing. However, it turned out that I had thought too much. His question was,

"Don't you Chinese people never go to see a dentist? Is this/it true?"

The moment we heard the question, we all laughed out loud. One is for his serious looking demeanor and the other is because of the question itself. We answered with "Yes" and a "why". He didn't understand and asked once more,

"Don't you have your teeth professionally cleaned regularly?"

Ok, people will think I am sure that others will think that the Chinese people are dirty and lack of general hygiene. Let me I need to explain this: First, of all, China is a developing still not a first-class country and its society needs catching up to do.  is also under developing, so therefore, most people don't have the awareness of are not aware of advancement in personal health services,  protecting our health professionally, let alone for the ones for their teeth. I was taught to brush my teeth when I was in high school. I still remember How happy I was at that time for brushing my teeth like an adult. You need to know see, my family is in a very small I was an unsophisticated village girl! We don't put have the "teeth" thing in our custom. [Not true.  One of the qualities in a beauty is having good teeth and the upper classes use various aromatic herbs for their teeth and bad breath 手如柔荑,肤如凝脂,领如蝤蛴,齿如瓠犀,螓首蛾眉,巧笑倩兮,美目盼兮]In the secondly place, most people don't pay attention to their teeth until they don't need as there are more important things to worry like having a plate of food on their tables or educating their children until pain comes to their teeth! about their food or the cost of children's education. It is understandable since their economic income conditions limits their living standard life  level. At last, the most important thing is most people Won't it be the best to have good teeth without having toothbrushes or dentists. Haha...

A little story about cultural diversity

Storiette about the culture diversity

One day , John who is American, asked us, his Chinese colleagues :" Could I ask you guys a pretty private question?" "Of course!" we said. It seems nothing is a really private question in China. We can talk about a girl's age, your marriage and what diseases you have.

But actually, I was a little bit scared because I thought he was about to ask a very weird, private or embarrassing question. It turned out I had thought about it too much. His question was:" Is it true that you Chinese people never go to see a dentist?" We all laughed the moment we heard that question. Firstly, because of his serious look, and secondly, because of the question itself. We answered him with "Yes! And why?" He couldn't understand and said :"Don't you clean your teeth at set times?

Ok, people will think Chinese people are dirty and lacking in general hygiene. I need to explain this. Firstly, China is a developing country and society is also under developing, so most people are not sufficiently aware of the need to look after their health in a professional manner, including their teeth. I was taught to brush my teeth when I was in high school. I still remember how happy I was at that time that I could brush my teeth like an adult. You need to know my family is in a very small village. Looking after our teeth is not one of our customs.  Secondly, most people won't pay attention to their teeth until they have enough food and have paid for their children's education. Their income limits their standard of living. Finally, the most important thing is most people have good enough teeth without needing toothbrushes or dentists. Haha...