Heguang Miao
Hot summer Yesterday, I told someone that the summer in Shanghai is crazy hot. The temperature can be 35 centigrades. However, I realize that I underestimated it. Actually, the peak can be over 40. I have mixed feelings about summer. On the one hand, we have the best air quality in this season: the AQI can be lower than 50, and you don’t have to wear a mask when you go out. I cherish these sunny days very much, because there won’t be so many clear days in winter (in winter, the AQI can usually be over 150 and sometimes even off the chart). On the other hand, I really hate high temperatures. They make me lose appetite. I have to find some spicy food that can stimulate my appetite. Also, I can’t do any out door activities in hot waves, because I’m afraid of having sunstroke. The only thing I want to do is lying on my bed for the whole day in my air-conditioned room. I usually did this in summer holidays when I was a student, but now I have to work. I really miss my summer holidays.
1

Hot summer

Yesterday, I told someone that the summer in Shanghai is crazy hot. The temperature can be 35º centigrades. However, I realize that I underestimated it. Actually, the peak can be over 40.

I have mixed feelings about summer. On the one hand, we have the best air quality in this season: the AQI can be lower than 50, and you don’t have to wear a mask when you go out. I cherish these sunny days very much, because there won’t be so many clear days in winter (in winter, the AQI can usually be over 150 and sometimes even off the chart). On the other hand, I really hate high temperatures. They make me lose my appetite. I have to find some spicy food that can stimulate my appetite. Also, I can’t do any out door activities in hot heat waves, because I’m afraid of having getting sunstroke. The only thing I want to do is lying lie on my bed for the whole day in my air-conditioned room. I usually did*  this in summer holidays when I was a student, but now I have to work. I really miss my summer holidays.

* or- I used to do this.

Good use of lots of nice expressions- I cherish these sunny days, some spicy food that can stimulate my appetite, etc.