Enza
Help Me! I'm translating a document about the organs (the churches' instruments). Well, I translated this sentence, but it doesn't sound good to me.. someone may help me?? :D This is the sentence: "This organization was reached thanks to a reduction of the ribs and to the ratio with additional constants very low." It is about the sizes of an organ. My doubt is about the words dealing with maths, and their position in the sentence. Thank you very much :D
1

well actually a ratio refers to a measurement of the ribs in the organ , basically the reduction of the size of the ribs size made it possible for the organization to reach to an agreement , hope this helps

Help Me!

I'm translating a document about the organs (the churches' instruments). Well, I translated this sentence, but it doesn't sound good to me.. someone may help me?? :D

This is the sentence:
"This organization was reached thanks to a reduction of the ribs and to the ratio with additional constants very low."

It is about the sizes of an organ. My doubt is about the words dealing with maths, and their position in the sentence.
Thank you very much :D

Hi!  Difficult to be sure about this out of context, as I can't work out what 'this organization' refers to or what 'reduction of the ribs' means - could you include a bit more text before and after this?  It might help.  I can't think what 'ribs' might be in a church organ.

Ther first bit might be better as:

This was achieved by reducing the ribs (??)  or  'a reduction of the ribs'  ('thanks to' doesn't sound quite right in this context)

but I can't work out what "and to the ratio with additional constants very low" is trying to say, sorry.  (the ratio of what to what?)

My Italian isn't very good (I'm still learning), but in the context I think the start of this sentence is "This style was achieved through a reduction of the ribs and by relationships between..." I think "andamento" would be better translated as "style" when referring to the design of the pipes. I don't know what "costanti addizionali molto bassi" translates to. In the context, my best guess would be "very low permanent additions" - as though referring to permanent fixtures. I'm not sure what these "additions" to the pipes would be though. Like I said, my Italian isn't great, so I could be wrong.
This is the italian sentence: Tale andamento è stato ottenuto mediante una riduzione delle pieghe e con rapporti tra le costanti addizionali molto bassi.
Can you provide the sentence in Italian? I think the bit about "reduction of the ribs" is correct, but "ratio with additional constants very low" is not. There doesn't appear to be any context for what the ratio is.