YoY
Pronouncing Foreigner's Name Nowadays, we are given much more opportunities to meet people through SNS or watch foreign events through various medias. Sports have become internationally enjoyable to much more people, and the business is growing fast. Of course, watching competitions among professionals is a best part of the entertainment, but I sometimes enjoy hearing names of people from far places. Names newly introduced to me by foreign commentators or broadcasters are inspiring and makes me wonder what kind of life they are leading and with what wish his/her parents named them.Somehow I recall their names in the foreign novels translated in Japanese I have read before. As so many people had been watching football games in the recent world cup, I sometimes watch on the TV or Youtube. One day, I was watching a news about Japanese football player, Shinji Kagawa, who belongs to Manchester United in England. What surprised me more than his performance was how the English sports commentator pronounced his name. Japanese names are simpler compared to some long names with many foreign spellings. I guess how to make Japanese pronunciations is quite difficult to foreigners. Universally, we are all generous about how they are called by people in other country. However, the English commentator pronounced his name almost right. How do you pronounce "KAGAWA"? Having watched many games of him in the Manchester United with commentary in various countries, most of them pronounce his name by stressing "A" after stresses"G", which sounds like "Kut-Gaa-Wa". Rather, how he said was nearly like "Ottawa", a state of the US. His accent was with a slight strength on the first A after mild K and G and with a monotonous sound of W. I was very impressed. At the same time, I got interested in Queen's English. As is taken for granted, the language has now become globally spoken. Since I have been learning it for long time, it does not give me fresh fascination like hearing alien language spoken. But, this incident made me wonder about British people. There is no clue about if the commentator had known some Japanese, maybe coincidentally knew how to pronounce his name, or he was a friend of Kagawa. This could be my bad guessing, but I have a hypothesis that he had tried to sound right in calling foreigners' name and make a his own difference. If that is true, he should be a role model of commentator. The attitude gave me some courteous virtue to learn a foreign language.

I hope this helps:
Nowadays, we are given much many more opportunities to meet people through SNS or (by?) watch(ing) foreign events through various medias. Sports have become internationally enjoyable to much many more people, and the business is growing fast. Of course, watching competitions among with professionals is a the best part of the entertainment, but I sometimes enjoy hearing the names of people from faraway places.

New names, newly, introduced to me by foreign commentators or broadcasters, are inspiring and makes me wonder what kind of life they are leading and with what wish his/her parents named them. (or: 'why their parents named them that') Somehow, I recall their names in from the foreign novels, translated in to Japanese, I have read before.

As sSo many people had have been watching football games in the recent world cup. I sometimes watch on the TV or on Youtube.

One day, I was watching a the news about a Japanese football player, Shinji Kagawa, who belongs plays for to Manchester United in England. What surprised me, more than his performance, was how the English sports commentator pronounced his name. Japanese names are simpler, compared to some long names with many foreign spellings and,
I guess, how to make Japanese pronunciations Japanese pronunciation is quite difficult to for foreigners, but Universally, we are all generous about how they are called pronounced by people in other countryies.

However, the English commentator pronounced his name almost right. How do you pronounce "KAGAWA"?
Having watched many games of him his in the at Manchester United, with commentary in various countries (launguages?), most of them pronounce his name by stressing "A" after stresses ing "G", which sounds like "Kut-Gaa-Wa". Rather, how What he said was nearly like "Ottawa", a state of in the US. His accent was with had a slight strength (inflection?) on the first A, after a mild K and G and with a monotonous sounding of W.

I was very impressed.

At the same time, I got became interested in the Queen's English, as is taken for granted, the language has now become globally spoken. Since I have been learning it for a long time, it does not give me fresh fascination like hearing when I hear an alien language spoken.

But, t This incident made me wonder about British people. There is was no clue about if whether the commentator had known already knew some Japanese, maybe it was coincidentally that he knew how to pronounce his name, or maybe he was a friend of Kagawa.
This could be my a bad guessing, but I have a hypothesis that he had tried to sound right in calling correctly pronounce this foreigner's name and make a his own difference. If that is true, he should be a role model of for commentators.

The His attitude gave me some courteous virtue (?) (possibly 'encouragement'?) to learn a foreign language. (Example: His attitude encouraged me to learn a foreign language.)