Daisy
Review On Emma The movie Emma, adapted from Jean Austen’ s last novel, telling us a story about how gorgeous Emma finds her love. Emma Woodhouse who was born in a rich, upper-class family in the Hartfield felt lonely after her tutor as well as good friend Miss Taylor getting married with gentleman Mr.Weston. She soon became friends with Harriet Smith, who was a poor natural daughter but young and beautiful. Emma encouraged Harriet who lacked her own judgment to refuse Robert Martin. Always interested in being a matchmaker, Emma intended to introduce her friend Harriet to gentleman Philip Elton. Instead, Mr.Elton admired Emma deeply and had no affection towards Harriet. As an old friend of Woodhouse Family, George Knightley pointed out Emma’s meddling in others’ business directly. With the development of the plot, Emma met another gentle, handsome and rich man who was called Frank Churchill. Thinking that she might have a future with Mr.Churchill, Emma was hit by the news that Mr.Churchill had engaged with Jane Fairfax months ago. Emma thought deeply and found that the man she loved all the time was Mr.Knightley. To everyone’s joy, Mr.Martin was still fond of Harriet and Harriet accepted Mr.Martin’s proposal. Also, Emma and Mr.Knightley lived happily in the end. What a happy ending! Analyzing this movie carefully, apart from a whole view on the British upper-class’s basic life in that century, we can also realized some human characteristics in character. Firstly, nobody is one hundred percent perfect just as gold can’t be absolute pure. Emma was kind, brilliant with charming appearance, but she was some kind of arrogant intolerant, and meddlesome. For instance, she mislead Harriet on Mr.Martin’s pursuit, hurt Miss Bates’ heart, and had ever looked down upon Mr.Martin. Harriet, young and comely, but was not very independent in mind. She always asked Emma for advice. Mr.Churchill, almost a perfect gentleman, hided his engagement as well. He was doing this for heritage. Secondly, characters in the movie are learning to change. It is possible for us to amend our shortcomings and we should learn to accept them and then try to overcome them. Emma’s attitude towards Harriet changed a lot compared the opening with the ending. Harriet, on the other hand, learned how to decide by herself and she showed great determination on Mr.Martin’s second proposal. Mr.Knightley got rid of prejudice on Harriet at last and helped Martin go after Harriet. So did Emma, she removed bias on Mr.Martin and felt happy for a new couple’s being together. Respect and tolerance are what people in the movie are learning constantly. Thirdly, we should be brave to seek our happiness. Jane and Mr.Churchill really moved me although they didn’t tell others about their relationship. They didn’t talk much with each other in the movie, but we could still read their love through some details. Mr.Churchill sent Jane a piano and Jane wholly knew who sent her the thing which was regarded as token of love. Their hearts sticked together and never parted even at one time. Mr.Martin also impressed me profoundly. His words was so little throughout the movie, but his firm eyes looked like water in a quiet pond which attracted Harriet. As for Emma and Mr.Knightley, there existed love and arguements between them. They were also brave in some ways. Finally, youth fades. To cherish, to love, to pursue and to enjoy. There are still many details deserve attention, especially the talks between Emma and Mr.Knightley. Considering some limits, I have to stop here.

Review On Emma

The movie Emma, adapted from Jean Austen’ s last novel, tells us a story about how gorgeous Emma finds her love.
Emma Woodhouse who was born in a rich, upper-class family in the Hartfield, felt lonely after her tutor as well as and good friend Miss Taylor (http://www.perfectyourenglish.com/usage/as-well-as.htm) getting got married with gentleman Mr.Weston, a gentleman. She soon became friends with Harriet Smith, who was a poor natural daughter, but young and beautiful. Emma encouraged Harriet, who lacked her own judgment, to refuse Robert Martin. Always interested in being a matchmaker, Emma intended to introduce her friend Harriet to gentleman Mr. Philip Elton, another gentleman. Instead, Mr.Elton deeply admired (loved?) Emma deeply and had no affection towards Harriet. As an old friend of Woodhouse Family, George Knightley pointed out Emma’s meddling in others’ business directly. With the development of the plot, Emma met another gentle, handsome and rich man who was called Frank Churchill. Thinking that she might have a future with Mr.Churchill, Emma was hit by the news that Mr.Churchill had engaged with Jane Fairfax months ago. Emma thought deeply and found that the man she loved all the time was Mr.Knightley. To everyone’s joy (http://www.italki.com/question/175483)To the delight of all, Mr.Martin was still fond of Harriet and Harriet accepted Mr.Martin’s proposal. Also, Emma and Mr.Knightley lived happily in the end. What a happy ending!
Carefully analyzing this movie carefully, apart from a whole view on the British upper-class’s basic life in that century, we can also realized some human characteristics features in the characters.
Firstly, nobody is one hundred percent perfect just as gold can’t be absolutely pure. Emma was kind, brilliant with charming appearance, but she was some kind of arrogant intolerant, and meddlesome. For instance, she mislead Harriet on the pursuit of Mr.Martin’s pursuit, hurt Miss Bates’ heart, and had ever looked down upon Mr.Martin. Harriet, young and comely, but was not very independent in mind. She always asked Emma for advice. Mr.Churchill, almost a perfect gentleman, hided his engagement as well. He was doing this for cultural heritage.
Secondly, characters in the movie are learning to change. It is possible for us to amend our shortcomings and we should learn to accept them and then try to overcome them. Emma’s attitude towards Harriet changed a lot compared if we compare the opening with the ending. Harriet, on the other hand, learned how to decide by herself and she showed great determination on Mr.Martin’s second proposal. Mr.Knightley at last got rid of prejudice on Harriet at last and helped Martin to go after Harriet. So did Emma, she removed bias on Mr.Martin and felt happy for a new couple’s being together. Respect and tolerance are what people in the movie are learning constantly.
Thirdly, we should be brave to seek (pursuit) our happiness. Jane and Mr.Churchill really moved me although they didn’t tell others about their relationship. They didn’t talk much with each other in the movie, but we could still read their love through some details. Mr.Churchill sent Jane a piano and Jane wholly immediately knew who sent it to her, the thing which as it was regarded as token of love. Their hearts sticked together and never parted even at one time. Mr.Martin also profoundly impressed me profoundly. His words were was so little throughout the movie, but his firm eyes looked like water in a quiet pond which and attracted Harriet. As for Emma and Mr.Knightley, there existed love and arguements harmony between them. They were also brave in some ways.
Finally, youth fades. To cherish, to love, to pursue and to enjoy. There are still many details deserve attention, especially the talks between Emma and Mr.Knightley. Considering some limits, I have to stop here.