Francesca
Could a language be like a dress? Somebody said that a language is like a dress. Many people opt for a language to learn because of its popular aknowledeged image. Some languages are more suitable for specific kind of persons. So, given that, I could think: French is elegant like an Armani suit, Italian is creative and passionate like a Dolce & Gabbana dress, Spanish is romantic and voluptuous like a Moschino skirt, German is strong and grounded as an Iceberg shirt, Japanese is suitable for people who like minimalism and new technologies, American is trendy and young as a Miss Sixty's catwalk. Personally, I decided to learn new languages in function of my study/job, because I loved the speech sound, and not for fashion. Furthermore I am a free-standing person, and I usually take decisions myself, also about dresses and studies to begin.

Could a language be like a dress?

Somebody said that a language is like a dress. Many people choose to learn a particular language because of its popular acknowledged image. Some languages are more suited to specific kinds of people.

So, that said, I could think:

French is elegant like an Armani suit, Italian is creative and passionate like a Dolce & Gabbana dress, Spanish is romantic and voluptuous like a Moschino skirt and German is as strong and grounded as an Iceberg shirt. Japanese is suitable for people who like minimalism and new technologies, whilst American is as young and trendy* as a Miss Sixty's catwalk**.

Personally, I decided to learn new languages not for fashion, but to improve my job prospects and because I loved the cadence and sound of the languages. Furthermore I am an individualist, and I usually make up my own mind about everything, from dresses to language choices.