Edwin
The Ukrainian Crisis Early this year, I got hooked onto following the development on the Ukrainian crisis. I have been amazed on how much the Western and Russian media contradict each other. To my disappointment, most Western media are bias and not telling the truth. Not that the Russian media are doing any better, but at least there is not really a high expectation on them. The more I am interested in knowing the truth, the more time and energy I spend on digging them out. At one point, I was also interested in knowing what an average Ukrainian or Russian would think about the crisis. So one day I turned to a Ukrainian and a Russian in my table-tennis club. To my surprise, they agreed pretty much on one thing: they didn't really care about what is going on back in their countries. They went to the club just to enjoy some table-tennis games.
1

The Ukrainian Crisis

Early this year, I got hooked on following the development of the Ukrainian crisis. I was amazed by how much the Western and Russian media contradict each other.

To my disappointment, most Western media are biased and not telling the truth. I wonder what the truth is... eh, sorry. Back to the grammar :) Not that the Russian media are doing any better, but at least there is really no high expectation from them. The more I am interested in knowing the truth, the more time and energy I spend on digging it (the truth => it) out.

At one point, I was also interested in knowing what an average Ukrainian or Russian would think about the crisis. So one day I turned to a Ukrainian and a Russian in my table-tennis club. To my surprise, they agreed pretty much on one thing: they didn't really care about what is going on back in their countries. They went to the club just to enjoy some table-tennis games.

This in so heartwarming to read about a Russian and a Ukrainian who are not fighting each other. Please, don't read Russian and Ukrainian internet, you will be really upset...