LimaJr
Altruism In this essay I'm comparing the content of a text about altruism with a lecture about the theme. The teacher in the lecture refers to specific behaviors of animals and humans and asks if this is really altruism. First of all, considering her lecture, we can ask if a meerkat is losing anything by acting as a sentinel. This animal has food before the work as a sentinel. However, during the work, and after the alarm of danger, the animal is able to escape predators before the remaining members of the group, who are eating. Therefore, we can oppose this opinion with the passage read before, in which it is stated that these sentinels are altruistic, because they stay without food and put themselves in great risk, while the other animals are having their meals. Secondly, concerning humans that donate organs or something of the like, the passage that was read also considers these altruistic behaviors. In fact, considering the teacher's lecture, we can ask if these people are really staying with nothing. By doing that, they they at least receive the gratitude of the person who was benefited by the donation, as well as the gratitude of the people's relatives. In conclusion, we can infer that altruistic animals and people are in fact doing something very positive for the group they belong to. But, at least they receive some benefits from this behavior. So, if we consider this altruism, we have to recognize that they also receive something in return. (Feel free to comment and suggest reviews, beyond grammatical correction)

Altruism

In this essay I'm comparing the content of a text about altruism with a lecture about the theme. The teacher in the lecture refers to specific behaviors of animals and humans and asks if this is really altruism.
First of all, considering her lecture, we can ask if a meerkat is losing anything by acting as a sentinel. This animal has food before the work as a sentinel. However, during the work, and after the alarm of danger, the animal is able to escape predators before the remaining members of the group, who are eating. Therefore, we can oppose this opinion with the passage read before, in which it is stated that these sentinels are altruistic, because they stay without food and put themselves in great risk, while the other animals are having their meals.
Secondly, concerning humans that donate organs or something of the like, the passage that was read also considers these altruistic behaviors. In fact, considering the teacher's lecture, we can ask if these people are really staying with nothing. By doing that, they at least receive the gratitude of the person who was benefited by the donation, as well as the gratitude of the people's relatives.
In conclusion, we can infer that altruistic animals and people are in fact doing something very positive for the group they belong to. But, at least they receive some benefits from this behavior. So, if we consider this altruism, we have to recognize that they also receive something in return.

(Feel free to comment and suggest reviews, beyond grammatical correction)