Sâmara
Check, check, check, check... out my melody. You think you're special, you do I can see it in your eyes I can see it when you laugh at me Look down on me And walk around on me (...) Just one more fight about a lot of things And I will give up everything To be on my own again Free again Yeah... This time I'm 'a let it all come out This time I'm 'a stand up and shout I'm 'a do things my way It's my way My way, or the highway

Check, check, check, check... out my melody. <em>(Great Limp Bizkit song!)</em>

You think you're special, you do
I can see it in your eyes
I can see it when you laugh at me
Look down on me
And walk around on me <em>(I don't really understand this part of the lyrics...  It would be difficult to "walk around on (top of) someone.  I thought they'd write "walk all over me".)</em>

(...)

Just one more fight about a lot of things
And I will give up everything
To be on my own again
Free again
Yeah...
This time I'm 'a let it all come out
This time I'm 'a stand up and shout
I'm 'a do things my way
It's my way
My way, or the highway

<em>(There isn't anything to correct, really, as the lyrics are from the song - cf. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/limpbizkit/myway.html  Maybe you have your own song lyrics!)</em>

Yes, I agree! Here is not a poetry but a song and I think that the argument is the same :)
The English appears to be correct! In poetry there is generally more latitude in how things can be said, as what would normally be incorrect in normal English writing, can be used in poetry, to give more effect or life to the intent of the writer's expression.