Bud Brown
The Death of a Loved One This is a sad week for my family. My mother died 5 days ago. In English it sounds better to say someone "passed away" instead of "died" . I think because when you say "died" it sounds so permanent and final. But when you say "passed" or "passed away" it sounds more like the person is passing from one room to another, or passing from one dimention to another. In your language is there a euphemism for "He died."
My condolences.
He/she left his/her life instead of he/she died. I have never known what to say in case like this because all words are silly (my opinion)

The Death of a Loved One

This is a sad week for my family. My mother died 5 days ago. In English it sounds better to say someone "passed away" instead of "died" . I think because when you say "died" it sounds so permanent and final. But when you say "passed" or "passed away" it sounds more like the person is passing from one room to another, or passing from one dimension to another. In your language is there a euphemism for "He died"?

Bud Brown
Language Skills
Cebuano, Chinese (Mandarin), English, Esperanto, Filipino (Tagalog), American Sign Language (ASL), Spanish, Swahili, Vietnamese
Learning Language
Cebuano, Chinese (Mandarin), English, Filipino (Tagalog), Spanish, Swahili, Vietnamese