Andreas
My thoughts on language learning I'm now on vacation for two weeks so I've decided I'm going to use some of my spare time to write down some of my thoughts on language learning and how I go about it. I'm not sure if a notebook entry is the right format for it, but I'm not aware of a better way to do it on this website. I am going to start by saying that I truly enjoy learning languages. But I can't really describe myself as having a special talent for it. I might be good in some areas and I've developed some tricks over all these years that help me tackle this difficult task. But I'm still struggling most of the time and making slow progress. My ambitions are high but I have to prioritize what languages I spend more time and effort on because realistically speaking, there's never enough time in the day. And it seems like our brain can only learn a limited amount of information within a certain period of time before it needs to shut off to digest everything and make space for something new. For this reason, I'm spending most of my time learning English and German these days. Next on my list comes Danish because I'm really fascinated with this language. I like the sound of it and it has a great entertainment value for me. Plus I'm encouraged by my relatively quick progress with it. I also find French interesting but at the same time more challenging. My mind is so used to working with Germanic languages that it takes a lot of effort to understand the logic of French. Just for the fun of it, I also looked superficially into Norwegian, Finnish, and Polish. Hopefully, I will get a chance to learn them more thoroughly someday. That's it for now. Thanks for reading.

My thoughts on language learning

I've been on vacation for two weeks now, so I've decided I'm going to use some of my spare time to write down some of my thoughts on language learning and how I go about it. I'm not sure if a notebook entry is the right format for it, but I'm not aware of a better way to do it on this website.

I am going to start by saying that I truly enjoy learning languages, but I can't really describe myself as having a special talent for it. I might be good in some areas and I've developed some tricks over all these years that help me tackle this difficult task, but I'm still struggling most of the time and making slow progress.

My ambitions are high, but I have to prioritize what languages I spend more time and effort on because realistically speaking, there's never enough time in the day. (so true! lol) And it seems like our brain can only learn a limited amount of information within a certain period of time before it needs to shut off to digest everything and make space for something new.

For this reason, I'm spending most of my time learning English and German these days. Next on my list comes Danish because I'm really fascinated with this language. I like the sound of it and it has a great entertainment value for me. (or:  it is very entertaining to me) Plus I'm encouraged by my relatively quick progress with it.

I also find French interesting, but at the same time more challenging. My mind is so used to working with Germanic languages that it takes a lot of effort to understand the logic of French.

Just for the fun of it, I also looked superficially into Norwegian, Finnish, and Polish. Hopefully, I will get a chance to learn them more thoroughly someday.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading.

Good job!