Mark
日本語を学ぶ (Nihongo o manabu) In recent years I spend a lot of time meditating, to remember my past, and to improve my future. It is deeply pleasurable. Some memories could take years to find- and they require going back to the moments it happened in order to remember. It is like going into a time-machine. You find yourself at a younger age. I have been learning Japanese for about three years now. More than conversation, my main objective is reading. I want to be as fluent with Japanese as with English. I will be. Learning Japanese is like being a child again- and trying to find the basic skills of communication. It is a hobby for me; it makes no difference if it take 5 or more years. I do it because it is rewarding. In my teen years, I remember seeing a Japanese movie. It was so different than American films. When I am more fluent, I will find this movie and watch it again.
I feel the same. I fell in love with two languages and I still love them. Though I'm not "young", my dream is to speak them fluently as I speak Japanese. Thank you for sharing your feeling. Good luck to us!
You got it!. The movie plot was an actor on a set that needed to act like a killer to scare other people that were coming to kill the people on the set. Something like that....
yeah I think so too. Reading an English news paper on the train in Osaka is a fantastic thing for me. Let's do our best , together!
Thank you Hideyuki. I can't wait to read a Japanese book on the New York City Subway. That will be SO cool! :)
I restarted studying English as my hobby since 5 years ago to have conversation with foreigners. And now when I was able to have it in English , it makes me so happy. Studying languages became my purpose in life. So I will enjoy it.