Roberto
One strange fact about Mexico. In my natal country, Mexico, we have a lot of strange things that usually the tourist that come here doesn't have the oportunity to see or they simply doesn't notice it. I've read some articles about this topic but I've never found this point that I'm goint to explain you and that I find very kind of strange. The arcade xbox machines: In Mexico, out of the grocery stores it's complety normally find arcade machines, like in 1980, made it by a re-build it xbox's consoles (the first original xbox console from microsoft and released in 2001, not the 360) and usually this arcade machines are chained to the door of the store to avoid the robbers. The children come day by day at this machines, that looks like an original machine from a two or three decades ago and play videogames from the xbox for about fifty cents. The xbox inside of the arcade machine has loaded in his hard drive disc around of one or two hundred videogames, included GTA San Andreas from Rockstar, maybe the most played and popular videogame among the kids. This is an important fact in many ways. It shows us two faces of the people of my country. For a one side we can be impressed for the incredible wit and the amuse work of engineering that the mexicans are able to do by himselfs. This machines works perfectly, even the boys and girls play with old joysticks and when his time given for his five pesos runs out, the machine blocks and waits a new player that can afford another ten minutes. For the other side if the kids will save up that chips they would buy his own console in around four or five months; but, we know that the future doesn't matter for the children, they want fun rigth now. Have you ever seen a similar thing? By the way, here, in Mexico, we call that arcade machines "Maquinitas". Roberto Solís.
1

One strange fact about Mexico.

In my natal native country, Mexico, we have a lot of strange things that usually the tourists that come here doesn't don't have the oportunity to see or they simply doesn't don't notice it. I've read some articles about this topic but I've never found any about this the point that I'm going to explain you and that I find that very kind of strange.

The arcade xbox machines:

In Mexico, out of it's complety normally to find arcade machines in the grocery stores, like in 1980, made it by a re-build it rebuilt with xbox's consoles (the first original xbox console from microsoft and released in 2001, not the 360) and.  Usually this these arcade machines are chained to the door of the store to avoid the robbers. The children come day by day each day at this to these machines that looks like an original machine from a two or three decades ago and play videogames from the xbox for about fifty cents. The xbox inside of the arcade machine has loaded in his its hard drive disc around of one or two hundred videogames, included including GTA San Andreas from Rockstar, maybe the most played and popular videogame among the kids. 

This is an important fact in many ways. It shows us two faces of the people of my country. For a On one side hand we can be impressed for by the incredible wit and the amuse work of engineering work that the Mexicans are able to do by himselfs themselves. This These machines works perfectly, even the boys and girls play with old joysticks and when his the time given for his their five pesos runs out, the machine blocks the games and waits for a new player that can afford another ten minutes. For the other side On the other hand, if the kids will would save up the money for that those chips they would be able to buy his their own console in around four or five months; but we know that the future doesn't matter for the to children, they want fun rigtht now.

Have you ever seen a similar thing? By the way, here, in Mexico, we call that those arcade machines "Maquinitas".

Roberto Solís.