Yap Jun Hong
新加坡跟中国华人来比 Comparing Singaporean and China Chinese people 昨天,我决定去查中国跟海外华人有什么不同;具体跟新加坡比。我说过虽然我对言语还熟,我对写和读字有些困难。原来是因为新加坡有了独立之后,政府开始注重英语。这是因为新加坡也有印度人,马来人等。人们需要一个共同的语言来沟通。那时,由于新加坡以前是个英国殖民,英语成为了那共同语言。如果你对英语不熟,找工作时会遇到困难的。 就这样,新加坡华人开始送孩子去用英语教书的学校。慢慢地,华语也被其他的语文和方言影响了。这照成了我们叫新加坡或。虽然我们还能用华语讲话,程度比中国华语比较低。我们也用英语读书的。所以写字和读字被影响了。 没关系,我以后可以海归。现在要做好准备,把华语学好! Yesterday, I decided to find out the difference between the Chinese in China and those overseas. Specifically, I compared them to Singaporean Chinese. I've said before, I can read Chinese, but have difficulty when it comes to writing and reading. It turns out that after Singapore gained independence, the Government placed more emphasis on English. This is because Singapore has Indians, Malays, and other races. People needed a common language to communicate. Because Singapore used to be a British colony, English became that common medium. If you weren't proficient in English, you would definitely have trouble searching for a job. Because of this, the Chinese started sending their kids to schools that taught the syllabus in English. As time passed, the language was also influenced by both the other languages and by dialects. This led to what we call 'Singlish'. Even though we can still use Chinese to speak, our standard is lower compared to that of China's. We also use English to read and write. Therefore, this has negatively influenced our Chinese reading and writing skills. Nevermind, I can return to my roots in the future. For now, I must make preparations and learn my Chinese!

新加坡跟中国华人来比 Comparing Singaporean and China Chinese people

昨天,我决定去查中国跟海外华人有什么不同;具体跟新加坡的华人比。我说过虽然我对言语还熟还算熟悉,我对写和读有些困难原来因为新加坡有了独立之后,政府开始注重英语。这是因为新加坡也有印度人,马来人等。人们需要一共同的语言来沟通。那时,由于新加坡以前是个英国殖民国家,英语成为了共同语言。如果你对英语不熟,找工作时会遇到困难的。

就这样,新加坡华人开始送孩子去使用英语教书的学校。慢慢地,华语也被其他的语文语言和方言影响了。这照成了我们叫新加坡或?。虽然我们还能用华语讲话,程度水平比中国华语比较低。我们也用英语读书的读用英语写的书。所以写和读的能力被影响了。

没关系,我以后可以海归。现在要做好准备,把华语学好!

Yesterday, I decided to find out the difference between the Chinese in China and those overseas. Specifically, I compared them to Singaporean Chinese. I've said before, I can read Chinese, but have difficulty when it comes to writing and reading. It turns out that after Singapore gained independence, the Government placed more emphasis on English. This is because Singapore has Indians, Malays, and other races. People needed a common language to communicate. Because Singapore used to be a British colony, English became that common medium. If you weren't proficient in English, you would definitely have trouble searching for a job.

Because of this, the Chinese started sending their kids to schools that taught the syllabus in English. As time passed, the language was also influenced by both the other languages and by dialects. This led to what we call 'Singlish'. Even though we can still use Chinese to speak, our standard is lower compared to that of China's. We also use English to read and write. Therefore, this has negatively influenced our Chinese reading and writing skills.

Nevermind, I can return to my roots in the future. For now, I must make preparations and learn my Chinese!

Corrected from the nuance of your English :)

新加坡跟中国华人来比 Comparing Singaporean Chinese and China Chinese people from China

昨天,我决定去查中国土生跟海外有什么不同;具体跟尤其是新加坡的华僑。我曾经有说过, 虽然我对言语还熟但写說有我对写和读字有些困难。原新加坡有了独立之后,政府开始注重英语。这是因为新加坡人口也有印度人,马来人等不同言語人们需要一个共同的语言来沟通。那时,由于新加坡以前是个英国的直辖殖民,英语自然成为了那共同语言。如果你对英语不良好的话找工作时会遇到困就成问题了难的

就这样,新加坡华僑就將儿女人开始送孩子去用英语教书的在英文的学校去念书还有, 时间一过慢慢地普通话华语也被其他的语文和方言有大影响这照就濃化成了我们叫新加坡式的英語。虽然我们用华语讲话以普通话连通不过程度中国的水準, 就差得多了华语比较低通常我们用英文, 因此我们的中文也有大 语读书的。所以写字和读字影响了。

没关系无所谓, 落叶归根我以后可以海归。现在好好練习要做好准备总有一旦, 我的中文能登峰見日啊. 把华语学好

天下无难事, 只怕有心人. 有志气, 必能成功! :)