sudeep
IELTS Essay Some people believe that punishment is the only purpose of prisons, while others believe that prisons exist for various reasons. Discuss both views and give your opinion. There are two prevailing views regarding the use of prisons. First one argues that punishment is the sole purpose of prison. However, second one believes that prison could be used for other functions. I am going to discuss both views, while I am in favor of using prison as a correction centre, where many life skills could be learnt and taught. On the one hand, jail could serve the purpose of punishing wrong doers. Punishment as a revenge could be in the form of coercion, torture, harassment, or other stern actions. These might be applied to punish the guilty so that other defaulters are discouraged. For example, in Nepal, during, the Rana regime, democracy fighters were kept inside the jail without any facilities, where most of them died due to communicable diseases. In that era, prison was utilized for punishment only. On the other hand, prison could be used for various purposes. The tasks could range from vocational training to research activities. For instance, the concept of open correction centre is emerging these days, where convicts are not held in custody. They are monitored for their activities from outside so that social harmony is maintained, and it helps to reduce crime rates drastically. Moreover, teaching and learning activities could be facilitated at the prison, which develops capacity of the prisoners. The setback can be positively utilized by the prisoners by sincerely learning, sharing, improving and delivering something to the local market with their skill and hard work inside the correction centre, or jail. Last year, there was news that followed prisoner, who could buy a small plot of land from the income generated by selling crafts produced inside the prison. In conclusion, prisons are functioning as a punishment centre in some places, whereas, in other places, they are delivering some goods to the local consumers by using the skills inside the correction centre. I absolutely agree that jails could be developed as a correction centre, from where all stakeholders could benefit.
1

IELTS Essay

Some people believe that punishment is the only purpose of prisons, while others believe that prisons exist for various reasons. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

There are two prevailing views regarding the use of prisons. First, one argues that punishment is the sole purpose of prison. However, a second argument proposes one believes that prison could be used for other functions. I am going to discuss both views, while I am in favor of using prison as a correction centre, where many life skills could be learnt and taught. (In American English we are more inclined to use learned instead of learnt.)

On the one hand, jail could serve the purpose of punishing wrong doers. Punishment as a revenge ( in America we would tend to say sentence instead of revenge because that indicates that the person was processed properly through the justice system) could be in the form of coercion, torture, harassment, or other stern actions. These might be applied to punish the guilty so that other defaulters are discouraged. For example, in Nepal, during, the Rana regime, democracy fighters were kept inside the jail without any facilities, where most of them died due to communicable diseases. In that era, prison was utilized for punishment only.

On the other hand, prison could be used for various other purposes. The tasks could range from vocational training to research activities. For instance, the concept of a open correction centre is emerging these days, where convicts are not held in custody. They are monitored for their activities from outside so that social harmony is maintained, and it helps to reduce crime rates drastically.

Moreover, teaching and learning activities could be facilitated at the prison, which develops capacity the abilities of the prisoners. The setback can be positively utilized by the prisoners by sincerely learning, sharing, improving and delivering something to the local market with their skill and hard work inside the correction centre, or jail. Last year, there was news that reported a followed prisoner who could buy a small plot of land from the income generated by selling crafts produced inside the prison.

In conclusion, prisons are functioning as a punishment centre in some places, whereas, in other places, they are delivering some goods to the local consumers by using their skills inside the correction centre. I absolutely agree that jails could be developed as a correction centre, from where all stakeholders could benefit.

Also, in the USA we are more likely to write center, rather than centre.

1

There are two prevailing views regarding the use of prisons. The first (one) argues that punishment is the sole purpose of prison. However, the second one believes holds that prison could be used for other functions. I am going to discuss both views, while even though I am in favor of using prison as a correction centre, where many life skills could be learnt and taught.

On the one hand, jail could serve the purpose of punishing wrong doers wrongdoers <em>(wrong doers = "the wrong type of doers")</em>. Punishment as a revenge could be in the form of coercion, torture, harassment, or other stern actions. These might be applied to punish the guilty so that other defaulters potential criminals are discouraged. For example, in Nepal, during, the Rana regime, democracy fighters were kept inside the a jail without any facilities, where most of them died due to communicable diseases. In that era, prison was utilized for punishment only.

On the other hand, prison could be used for various other purposes. The tasks performed (there(in) could range from vocational training to research activities. For instance, the concept of the open correction centre is emerging these days, where convicts are not held in custody is emerging these days. They are monitored for their activities from outside so that social harmony is maintained,. and it This helps to reduce <em>[this helps reduce </em>sounds better<em>] </em>crime rates drastically.

Moreover, teaching and learning activities could be facilitated at the prison, which develops the mental capacity of the prisoners. The setback <em>[where is the setback?]</em> can be positively utilized by the prisoners by sincerely learning, sharing, improving and delivering something to the local market with their skill and hard work inside the correction centre, or jail. Last year, there was a news special that followed a prisoner, who could was able to buy a small plot of land from with the income generated by selling crafts that were produced inside the prison.

In conclusion, while prisons are functioning as a punishment centre in some places, whereas, in other places, they are delivering some goods to the local consumers by using the their skills inside the correction centre. I absolutely agree that jails could be developed as a correction centre, from where which all stakeholders could benefit.

IELTS Essay

There are two prevailing views regarding the use of prisons. The first one argues that punishment is the sole purpose of prison. However, The second one believes asserts that prison could be used for other functions. I am going to will discuss both views, while though I am in favor of using prisons as a correction centres, where many life skills could be taught and learnt. learnt and taught.

On the one hand, jail could serves the purpose of punishing wrongdoers. This punishment can be in the form of incarceration, but can also extend to  Punishment as a revenge could be in the form of  coercion, torture, harassment, or and other stern actions. These might be applied to punish and make examples of the guilty so that other defaulters potential offenders are discouraged. For example, in Nepal, during the Rana regime, democracy fighters were kept inside the jailed without any facilities, where most of them died due to communicable diseases. In that era, prison was utilized for punishment only.

On the other hand, prison could be used for various other purposes. These tasks purposes could range from vocational training to research activities. For instance, the concept of the open correction centre is emerging these days, where convicts are not held in custody. They Their activities are monitored for their activities from the outside so that social harmony is maintained. This and it helps to reduce crime rates drastically dramatically.

Moreover, teaching and learning activities could be facilitated at the a prison, which develops capacity the abilities of the prisoners. The setback Their time in jail can be positively utilized by the prisoners by sincerely learning, sharing, improving and delivering something to the local market with their skill and hard work inside the correction centre, or jail. Last year, there was a news special that followed a prisoner, who could was able to buy a small plot of land from with the income generated by selling crafts produced inside the while in prison.

In conclusion, while prisons are functioning as a punishment centres in some places, whereas, in other places, they are delivering some goods to the local consumers by using the skills developed inside the correction centre. I absolutely agree that jails could (and should) be developed as a correction centres, from where which all stakeholders could benefit.

* A note about paragraph 2 of the essay. I think the issue of punishment versus revenge is important but this is not the place to mention revenge because it really brings up a whole other topic that you're not really addressing here.

Well done!