Isabella P
IELTS writing task 2 answer (15) (should students be separative according to their intelligence?) Question: "Some people argue that teaching children of different abilities together benefits all of them. Others believe that intelligent children should be taught separately and given special treatment. Discuss both views and give you own opinion." Answer: Whether children in school should be divided into different classes according to the level of their intelligence has triggered a controversy. Although I acknowledge that there would be downsides of such division, I would argue that it brings more advantages. It is true that being separated from intelligent peers, children who are poor in performance would be subjected to psychological blow. Children, especially teenagers, care a great deal about how people estimate them. If they are defined to be “poor students”, their confidence may be destroyed. This is particularly the case for students who are extremely miserable in exams and extra sensitive than others. On the other hand, efficiency will increase considerably both for students and teachers if the division happens. In classes with students of all levels of receptivity, teachers have to focus on medium ones, because it is absolutely impossible to aim at students of every level during one class. A divided class, therefore, will be more efficient. The bright students will learn more due to more intensive teaching methods, and those not so gifted ones will have more opportunities to receive repeated explanations. In my opinion, separating students and adjusting teaching methods in accordance of their aptitude can improve their average performance. Surrounded by peers that are similar to them in intelligence, students will develop competitive awareness, because they do not want to be caught up by classmates slightly weaker and they surely want to surpass those who are modestly superior. Their passion to make themselves better will therefore be triggered, and they will realise more potential. In conclusion, it is undeniable that separating students according to their ability may generate some disadvantages. However, it is likely to do more good than harm.

IELTS writing task 2 answer (15) (should students be separated according to their intelligence?)

Question:
"Some people argue that teaching children of different abilities together benefits all of them. Others believe that intelligent children should be taught separately and given special treatment. Discuss both views and give your own opinion."

Answer:
Whether children in school should be divided into different classes according to ability (the level of their intelligence) has triggered a controversy. Although I acknowledge that there would be downsides of such division, I would argue that it brings more advantages.

It is true that being separated from intelligent peers would inflict a psychological blow. on poor-performing children.  Children, especially teenagers, care a great deal about how people perceive/ regard / think of them. If they are defined as "poor students”, their confidence may be destroyed. This is particularly the case for students whose exam performance is extremely weak and also those who are more sensitive than others.

On the other hand, efficiency will increase considerably both for students and teachers if the division happens. In classes with students of all levels of receptivity, teachers have to focus on the average ones, because it is absolutely impossible to cater for the needs of students of every level during one class. A divided class, therefore, will be more efficient. The bright students will learn more due to more intensive teaching methods, and those who are not so gifted ones will have more opportunities to receive repeated explanations.

In my opinion, separating students and adjusting teaching methods in accordance with their aptitude can improve overall  performance. Surrounded by peers who are similar to them in intelligence, students will develop competitive awareness, because they will not want to be caught up by slightly weaker classmates.  Furthermore, they will surely want to surpass those who are a little further advanced / modestly superior. Their passion to make themselves better will therefore be triggered, and they will realise more potential.

In conclusion, it is undeniable that separating students according to their ability may generate some disadvantages. However, it is likely to do more good than harm.

<em>Great effort! Michael</em>

keep posting that is really helpful for IELTS students