Cinzia
It's summer. Or it isn't? I have never seen a summer like this one !!! It seems as it is autumn. It often rains and, also it doesn't, it is colder than usual is. Now, for exemple, it is raining heavily and there are about 19 degrees Celsius...and it is 1 pm. Normally, at this time in July we have about 30/35 degrees. For people who are working maybe is better, but for people who are on holiday and have waited for a whole year to have these days off from work...it is a disaster, it is a pain in the neck !!! I hope next weeks the weather will be a little better...I wish !!! Because I have promised to my children to bring them to the swimming pool. But we could always go to an indoor swimming pool !!!
1

It's summer...or maybe not!

Ihave never seen/experienced a summer like this one !!! It seems more like autumn. It often rains and, when it doesn't, it is colder than usual. is. (or, 'it's colder than it usually is.')

Now, for exemple, it is raining heavily and it's* about 19 degrees Celsius and it's 1 pm.Normally, at this time of day in July it's about 30/35 degrees.

For people who are working maybe it's better, but for people who are on holiday and have waited for a whole year to have these days off from work it's a disaster and a pain in the neck !!!

I hope next week's weather (or 'the weather next week') will be a little better...I wish !!! because I have promised to my children to take** them to the swimming pool. But I guess we could always go to an indoor swimming pool !!!

Ben fatto Cinzia.

* we say "it is 20 degrees" because it (the weather/the temperature) is a singular indivisible noun. 

** We usually omit the word 'to' after promise. "I promised I'll ring you tonight" / "I promise you I'll call" / "He promised me the world" / "I've promised myself a holiday after I'd passed my exams").

There are time when the 'to' is necessary though...e.g. "I promise to call you" / "I promise to wait for you". However, in both these last 2 examples you could subsititute "I'll" for "to": I promise I'll call you; I promise I'll wait for you"

In British English we usually take someone/something somewhere and bring something/someone closer...e.g. I took her to the park and we brought a stray dog home with us / I took him shopping  and we brought lots of nice things home / if he takes me to Paris I'll bring you back a gift... 

It's summer. Or it isn't it? (Suggestion: Is it summer or isn't it?)

I have never seen a summer like this one !!! It seems as if it is autumn. It often rains and, also it doesn't, it is colder than usual is. Now, for example, it is raining heavily and there are it is about 19 degrees Celsius...and it is 1 p.m. Normally, at this time in July we have it would be about 30/35 degrees. For people who are working maybe it is better, but for people who are on holiday and have waited for a whole year to have these days off from work...it is a disaster, it is a pain in the neck !!! I hope that in the next weeks the weather will be a little better, I wish, because I have promised to my children to bring take them to the swimming pool. But we could always go to an indoor swimming pool !!!