Susie
an old thing an old thing I would like to talk about an old photo. It has been kept in my family for twenty years and was considered my family treasure. Twenty years ago, my mother's best friend—auntie Wu—gave it to my mother as a birthday gift. You know, my mother’s name included a Chinese character hai, which means sea in English. My hometown was an inland city and my mom didn’t have chance to watch the ocean view. She fairly loved the sea. But auntie Wu studied in a university by the sea. Before my mother's birthday, she went to the beach and wrote happy birthday and my mother's name on the beach, and then took a photo. My mom was greatly pleased to receive such a special gift. It is of great importance in my family, not only because it witnessed the friendship between my mom and auntie, but also because the photo was the thing that made me fell in love with the sea as my mother do, and I chose a university which was located in a coastal city. First Cell-phone My first cell phone was a non-smart one, which was made in China. In 2009, after I graduated from high school, I was about to go to university. My mother said: you can buy a cell phone as a gift to enter a brand-new place, and she gave me 1000 yuan to buy whatever phone I like. After I got the money, I and my sister went to a department store to choose a cell phone. At that time, I just took two things into consideration, price and appearance. You know, I just have 1000 yuan, so I was not able to buy a phone with high-performance. Finally, I chose a small blue cell phone. And I called it a little blue. Like other non-smart phone, it only had a few functions, say calling, texting, calculating, timing, and things like that. Additionally, some applications were installed in the phone like QQ and some easy games. Now a smart phone replaced my first phone, but I still remember my little blue because it had strong battery performance.