Dmitry Anykeen
Михаил Веллер (Mikhail Weller) - Aphorisms from the works He spoke English as any normal soviet engineer, a little better than a monkey but much worse than an Eskimo. *** It makes her honor, but not the honor that she lost acquiring this experience *** They ate and drunk fo free. it's good to be a stool pigeon. *** An academician said, breathless with courage: "Only over my dead body". He was told that this is not the big obstacle. *** Love and death are beautiful of corse, but they are nothing versus a bathroom in the moment you need it.

Михаил Веллер (Mikhail Weller) - Aphorisms from the works

He spoke English like a typical Soviet engineer, a little better than a monkey but much worse than an Eskimo.

***

It gave her honor, but it didn't give her back the honor that she lost in acquiring this experience

***

They ate and drank for free. It's good to be a stool pigeon.

***

An academic (once?) said, breathless with courage: "Only over my dead body". He was told that this is not the biggest obstacle.

***

Love and death are beautiful of course, but they are nothing compared to a bathroom in the moment you need one. 

<em>[As your text is poetic, it's a challenge to correct it while keeping the original meaning.  I wasn't sure about the sentence about "honour".  It needs re-writing and my correction might change the meaning too much. "Acquiring this experience" doesn't sound too natural but I couldn't think how to improve it. Kudos for your effort to write poetic English, Michael</em>]