Alice
Curious about web fiction in other countries Usually attractive by some interesting web fiction, and I also try to write it myself. But not I'm curious about the web fiction which are written in English. How's your web fiction publish(Usually we have to follow the fiction web site which we had signed with)?Do you have a biggest web fiction network and its name?(Our biggest one is QiDian,most of the author will put their stories on it) What are they talk about?(Oh,I guess there must be lots of Science fiction in your country, but in China, we usually see taoist、Immortal and Chinese magic artist or the local deity, time is not limited, maybe it will come out a man in a suit with a big Chinese sword, and saying some strange magic worlds ,for example: 天灵灵地灵灵....Sky will follows,ground will follows....,er,maybe I cant get the right translation,anyway, they are very interesting. And also we have many other interesting fancy fiction, maybe I'll share them to you under this topic)Do your authors find the cover by themselves?(Some times we got the illustrations division or comic artist to draw it, well ,I also draw a lots of comic pictures for the fictions I loved)Did the web fiction change into online games when it become popular?(In China it does.)At last, could you share me some interesting web fictions in your country? I'd like to read them! Oh ,and I hope I can find them on our internet....BTW, I like Ender's Game,science fiction is always my favorite.(I guess next time I will ask the online games in your country hahaha
If you're into scifi, you should check out Ursula Leguin and or Octavia Butler. Personally, I lean more towards magical realism but have been easing myself into the scifi genre ;)
You love fanfiction too? I used to really be into this.. but my particular fandom was Harry Potter (and Naruto as well as Xmen to a lesser extent).. I had a specific “ship" /"OTP" (one true pairing .. hahaa) as well (but I'm too embarrassed to reveal it :P). Fanfiction.net used to be the one-stop place to read FFs, but I stopped visiting the moment I found a much better website devoted my ship.. so I guess where you should go and read FFs depends on the fandom you like and your ship. There's no shortage of quality FFs these days on tumblr and livejournal, so if I were you, I'd check those places out first. The ones I used to read didn't always have an accompanying artwork (if only because the platform was mainly focused on quality content) but the authors would often have a deviantart of their own where they would favourite artworks related to their ship or where a fan artist would upload works inspired by the aforementioned authors' published fiction. Some FFs would also include recommended music or mentions of specific songs, art works, textile and designs (within descriptive paragraphs, to set the scene).. awesome stuff. What's the scene like in China? Where should someone go to check out dedicated online fandoms? I know that fanfiction related to Korean boybands (BL genre) are somewhat popular in Korea (and perhaps China as well?), but I'm not into slash >.<