Carmen
Professional Teacher
Baran (a movie review) Majid Majidi, what a fun name for a director. I’m already about to watch the third movie by him and I still don’t believe why or how I’d never heard about none of his famous pieces before... http://carmencorrea.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/07/31/200116 Hi! I'm posting my daily writing exercises on this blog, come in to continue reading, and if you find some mistakes or you feel like giving me some feedback, feel free to write below! :)
1

Corrections are red

Suggestions are blue

Everything else is green

Baran (a movie review)

Majid Majidi; what a fun name for a director. I’m already (1) about to watch the third movie by him (2)  and I still can’t believe why or how that I’d never heard about none any (3) of his famous pieces movies (4) before...

http://carmencorrea.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/07/31/200116

Hi! I'm posting my daily writing exercises on this blog, come in to continue reading, and if you find some mistakes or you feel like giving me some feedback, feel free to write below! :)

(1) When you say "I'm already about to watch", "already" tells me you have watched these movies in a very short amount of time. For example: "I just watched my first of his movies on Monday, and I'm already about to watch his third." Without the amount of time in which you have watched his movies, the "already" is a bit strange.

(2)
Are you about to watch his third movie, meaning the third movie he made, or are you about to watch your third movie by him, meaning you have seen two of his movies and are about to watch a third one?

(3) You can say "I still can't believe I'd never heard about", or "I still don't know why or how I'd never heard about". They mean, more or less, the same thing, but the first one is more common.

(4) We use "piece" to refer to music and to visual art, but we don't use it for movies. Sometimes we say "piece of film-making", but you wouldn't use that in this context.

What kinds of movies does he make? I've never heard of him, but I'm very interested in movies.

The Color of Paradise is going to be the next for me!! I'm happy you watched it Walter! I'll let you know about The Color... Keep me updated about how went Song of Sparrows, please! :)
I watched this on your recommendation and it was really good. It is my third movie of his too. Children of Heaven and The Color of paradise were good too, i can't pick a favorite. I will have to find his Song of Sparrows next.
¡Muchísimas gracias por la información Mohammad! Te lo agradezco un montón, y permíteme la curiosidad, ¿está el español ligado a tu profesión?
www.zangefarsi.com/2014/07/great-persian-learning-book/ ---- www.persiandee.com/ ----www.centropersepolis.com ---- www.foreigncy.org/---- www.persian-language.com/learning-list.html ----- www.farsionline.org ----- www.easypersian.com/