Ana
Student Exchange -Much More Than Learning English (Article CAE) One of the most relevant preoccupations that non-native English speakers have is to learn English. Even though we could study in our own homes, it is necessary to make a linguistic immersion if you want to speak fluency. Fortunately, we have several useful methods for this as an example, the exchange programmers. That being said, I would like to explain my experience in one of these programmers in Canada. I was there for four weeks in a host family, a perfect time without neglecting my studies. To be honest, it was a tough experience for me at first; I have never been so far my home and being alone in another country it is something that frightened me. During my stay there, I have to share the room with exchange partner and the problems of communication by language don’t help at all. Only when I started to be more confident in my English, the relationship got much better. The family was definitely delighted; they were always looking after me even when there was nothing to do in the evenings, above all. And although I regret not having travelled more, we did a wonderful camping trip to the mountains. I have never seen a landscape as that; we were in the hearth of nature. Even we saw bears! I really recommend this experience. Perhaps, I could criticize the expensive plane ticket to go to Canada -you have to pay for yourself- and more information of how much expensive is the daily life there. Nevertheless, it was a great experience and the most important thing; you have a friend for life.

Student Exchange -Much More Than Learning English (Article CAE)

One of the most relevant preoccupations that non-native English speakers have is to learn English. Even though we could study in our own homes, it is necessary to make a linguistic immersion immerse yourself linguistically if you want to speak fluently. Fortunately, we have several useful methods for this, and one good example of this is the exchange program. That being said, I would like to explain my experience in one of these programs in Canada. I was there for four weeks staying with a host family and it was a perfect time without neglecting my studies.

To be honest, it was a tough experience for me at first; I have never been so far my home and being alone in another country it is something that frightened me. During my stay there, I had to share the room with an exchange partner and the problems of communication communication problems caused by language differences didn't help at all. It was only when I started to be more confident in my English that the relationship got much better.

The family was definitely delighted (delighted by you? or you found them to be delightful?); they were always looking after me even when there was nothing to do in the evenings, above all. And although I regret not having travelled more, we did had a wonderful camping trip to the mountains. I had never seen a landscape as like that; we were in the hearth of nature, Even we even saw bears!

I really recommend this experience. Perhaps, I could criticize the expensive plane ticket to go to Canada -you have to pay for yourself- and more information of how much expensive is the daily life is over there. Nevertheless, it was a great experience and the most important thing is that you will have a friend for life.