Jenny 家珍
Grandma Moses Grandma Moses was an American painter in early 20th century. She was a farmer in Virginia and New York area. She had never received any professional art training. Before she was turning to 80 years old, she suffered arthritis and made too difficult to do embroidery pictures. She started to paining in her late 70s. Her painting style was about simple rural life in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th century. An art collector was impressed when he saw her paintings. He bought her remaining stock of 15 paintings and opened an exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City with titled "Contemporary, Unknown Painters." After the exhibition, she received a lot of favorable criticism and became famous in New York. After over 150 solo exhibition and 100 group exhibits, she received worldwide success. She painted 2000 paintings in her entire life. To Grandma Moses, Painting was not important, and the important thing was keeping her busy. "I look back on my life like a good day's work, it was done and I feel satisfied with it. I was happy and contented, I knew nothing better and made the best out of what life offered. And life is what we make it, always has been, always will be." said by Grandma Moses. She lived her life for 101 years.
1

Grandma Moses

Grandma Moses was an American painter in the early 20th century. She was a farmer in Virginia and the New York area. She had never received any professional art training. Before she turned 80 years old, she suffered from arthritis which made it too difficult to do embroidery pictures. She started to paint in her late 70s. Her painting style was about simple rural life in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th century.

An art collector was impressed when he saw her paintings. He bought her remaining stock of 15 paintings and opened an exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City with titled "Contemporary, Unknown Painters." After the exhibition, she received a lot of praise and became famous in New York. After over 150 solo exhibitions and 100 group exhibits, she received worldwide success. She painted 2000 paintings in her entire lifetime.

To Grandma Moses, Painting was not important, and the important thing was keeping herself busy.

"I look back on my life like a good day's work, it was done and I feel satisfied with it. I was happy and contented, I knew nothing better and made the best out of what life offered. And life is what we make it, always has been, always will be." said by Grandma Moses.

She lived her life for 101 years.

This painting is really beautiful