Mercedes
PHOTONICS METHODS APPLIED TO HERITAGE CONSERVATION IN ARGENTINA (part 2) Conclusions We applied laser based techniques as LIBS and laser cleaning, and we developed a 3D imaging photogrammetric system for material characterization, cleaning and documentation of the collections of six public museums and heritage institutions of Argentina. In our experience LIBS continues demonstrating that is one of the best fast qualitative analysis method to obtain the main composition of unique pieces of heritage value; particularly, archeological samples, and objects found in the reconstruction and conservation of Clandestine Detention Centers in Argentina. LIBS identification and characterization of several pieces belonging to Club Atlético (Instituto Espacio Memoria) of Buenos Aires was performed. The spectra of the pieces and their use in the reconstruction of the objects are part now of the documentation of the Instituto Espacio Memoria, and are available to be used in future interventions and conservation treatments. Based on this experience we are developing a portable LIBS system that can be used in situ as part of a facility that LALRL provides to public museums that up the program. The system has the main components already described, but uses a passive Q-switched Nd:YAG, laser ( 1064 nm) of small dimensions, developed by the Grupo de Tecnología Láser (GTL) from CICATA IPN, in colaboration with the company Bralax laser Lab, both from Altamira, México.We performed laser cleaning of archaeological objects combined with traditional cleaning methods, to eliminate active corrosion, surface dirt, and marks made for their classification. In this type of application, laser cleaning demonstrates that is a solution in the restoration of unique pieces that are fragile or have natural patinas to preserve. We have also developed a 3D system based on photogrammetry for archaeological objects and artwork documentation that is low cost, free and easy to use by museum staff and curators. The 3D system is based on the free software Visual Structure from Motion, using SIFT tools and Bundle Adjustment, complemented with CMVS and PMVS2 to optimize the construction of dense point clouds. This 3D system is already used by museums and Heritage institutions of Argentina, as part of a comprehensive project to organize hierarchically, and put on value their collections.

PHOTONICS METHODS APPLIED TO HERITAGE CONSERVATION IN ARGENTINA (part 2)

Conclusions
We applied laser based techniques such as LIBS and laser cleaning, and we developed a 3D imaging photogrammetric system for material characterization, cleaning and documentation of the collections of six public museums and heritage institutions of Argentina.
In our experience LIBS continues demonstrating to demonstrate that it is one of the best fast/rapid qualitative analysis methods that can be used to obtain the main composition of unique pieces of heritage value; particularly, archeological samples, and objects found in the reconstruction and conservation of Clandestine Detention Centers in Argentina. [paragraph] LIBS The identification and characterization of several pieces belonging to Club Atlético (Instituto Espacio Memoria) of Buenos Aires was performed was established by/with the use of LIBS. The spectra of the pieces and their use the use of said spectra in the reconstruction of the objects are part now now documented/have now been documented  part of the documentation of by the Instituto Espacio Memoria, and are available to be used for use in future interventions and conservation treatments. Based on this experience we are developing a portable LIBS system that can be used in situ as part of a facility that LALRL provides to public museums that up the program <em>[this is unclear]</em>. The system has the main components already described, but uses a passive Q-switched Nd:YAG, laser ( 1064 nm) of small dimensions, developed by the Grupo de Tecnología Láser (GTL) from CICATA IPN, in collaboration with the company bralax Laser Labs (both from Altamira, México). We performed laser cleaning of archaeological objects combined with traditional cleaning methods, to eliminate active corrosion, surface dirt, and marks made for their identification markings used for classification. In this type of application, laser cleaning demonstrates that it is a (adjective) solution in for the restoration of unique pieces that are fragile or have natural patinas to that must be preserved.
We have also developed a 3D system based on photogrammetry for archaeological objects and artwork documentation, that is low cost cost efficient/low in cost, free <em>(simple?/readily accessible?)</em> and easy to use by for museum staff and curators (alike). The 3D system is based on the free software <em>VisualSFM (</em>Visual Structure from Motion), using SIFT tools and Bundle Adjustment, complemented with CMVS and PMVS2 to optimize the construction of dense point clouds. This 3D system is already used by museums and Heritage institutions of Argentina, as part of a comprehensive project to organize <em><--(collections?) --> </em>hierarchically, and put on place a value on their (these--or--said <em>if 'collections' is used earlier in the sentence) </em> collections.