gonzalezaitor
My first post Hello to all, I'm new at Italki.com. I knew this page thanks a customer that uses it to improve his spanish. I think that this site is a great idea. Some info about me: I'm 33 years old man, that works in IT. I need to improve my English, focusing in my speaking skills, understanding english speaking people, and grammar. I need it for my job. Usually in my Job I need to read documentation, webs and blogs in English. I think that I can do it easilly. When I found a not know Word or setence I use google translator. So, I write too a lot of emails in English. I can do it with some difficults. Again, if I not know how I can say something, I use google translator. But always first, I try to do it by Myself. But the big problem arrives when I need to have a conversation. If I'm in a job conversation and somebody speaks to me in English slowly, I can understand him with no big problems because I Know the common IT words. Otherwise, the problem increases if somebody speaks to me about a "normal" conversation: football, tourism, o whatever... My Know grammar is poor and I have a lot of issues to understand. And the worst of all it's my speaked English. I need to think first in my mind, translate to English and after speak it. In a lot of situations, I don't know who I can say something, and the conversation becomes boring and not productive. In the other hand, I can help people that is learning Spanish or Catalan. Both languages are native for me. Regards!
1

My first post

Hello to all,

I'm new at Italki.com. I learned about this page thanks to a customer who uses it to improve his Spanish. I think that this site is a great idea.

Some info about me: I'm a 33-year-old man who works in IT. I need to improve my English, focusing on my speaking skills, understanding English speaking to people, and grammar. I need it for my job.

Usually in my job I need to read documentation, webs and blogs in English. I think that I can do it easilly. When I find an unknown word or setence, I use google translator.

So, I also write too a lot of emails in English. I can do it with some difficulty. Again, if I not know how I can to say something, I use google translator. But always first, I try to do it by myself.

But the big problem arrives when I need to have a conversation. If I'm in a job conversation and somebody speaks to me in English slowly, I can understand him with no big problems because I know the common IT words. Otherwise, the problem increases if somebody speaks to me about a "normal" topic conversation: football, tourism, or whatever... My knowledge of Know grammar is poor, and I have a lot of issues with understanding.

And the worst of all it's is my spoken English. I need to think first in my mind, translate to English and afterwards speak it. In a lot of situations, I don't know how I can say something, and the conversation becomes boring and not productive.

On the other hand, I can help people that is who are learning Spanish or Catalan. Both languages are native for me.

Regards!

This site will help you with listening and common vocabulary: http://www.elllo.org/