Kim
Why Do I Want to learn English and Spanish? 为什么我要学习英语和西语? I am very curious for the reasons of foreigners learning Chinese. Some of them also want to know my intentions to learn another languages. I used to ask some language partners on Italki:"Why do you learn Chinese?" I think my questions is a bit boring. Because most of their answers are: university Chinese course, for business, for travelling, lover is Chinese, just because like Chinese culture... I really like to communicate with people who are friendly and have wide field of vision. Particularly people who are interested in Chinese culture and respect others. I think Chinese is a language that very hard to learn well, no matter for foreigners or native Chinese people. So I really appreciate people who are good at Chinese. Chinese is the most beautiful unique language in the world, no doubt. I started my English study from the fourth-year of China's compulsory nine-year education. I fell in love with English in high school and chose it as my major in college. After that, I have a long way to go on English learning. Four years ago, I have a thought that learning German in college, but my college entrance examination scores sucks. So it was impossible for me to choose German as a college major. English major is very commom in Chinese college, maybe Chinese people dying to know the world by this international language. I am ashamed to talk about Spanish. Because I don't spend much time on Spanish learning and put most of free time on English...I like a writer very much--ECHO, her husband was Jose Maria Quero Y Ruiz. Their story was full of joys and sorrows and I felt so sad about the death of Jose. When he was gone, he took the love of ECHO's heart and finally she ended up with a tragedy way. ECHO's books gave me a enjoyable period and I have many good memories in middle school. My biggest dream is to travel around the world when I was young and use my eyes to see the world, but not defining the world by other people's books or mouths. Then, I will pick a loveable village for rest of my life. It would be perfect if I end up in a living in town of south China. There are so many people speak English and Spanish in the world. If I can talk to people in their native language and learn their history and listen to their stories, that will make me very happy and satisfied. Please check the comment below if you want to know the Chinese of this essay. Thanks for reading.
3

Why Do I Want to learn English and Spanish? 为什么我要学习英语和西语?

I am very curious about the reasons foreigners have for learning Chinese. Some of them also want to know what my intentions are for learning other languages. I used to ask some language partners on Italki: "Why are you learning Chinese?" I think my question was a bit boring for a lot of them, because most of their answers were someting like: for a university Chinese course, for business, for travelling, because my lover is Chinese, or just because I like Chinese culture. I really like to communicate with people who are friendly and have wide field of vision. Particularly people who are interested in Chinese culture, and who respect others. I think Chinese is a language that is very hard to learn well, even for native Chinese people. So, I really appreciate people who are good at Chinese. Chinese is the most beautiful unique language in the world, no doubt.*

I started my English study in the fourth year of China's compulsory nine-year education. I fell in love with English in high school and chose it as my major in college. After that, I still had a long way to go with English learning. Four years ago, I thought about learning German in college, but my college entrance examination scores sucked.** So it was impossible for me to choose German as a college major. An English major is very common in Chinese colleges, maybe because Chinese people are dying to know the world by this international language.

I am ashamed to talk about Spanish, because I don't spend much time on Spanish learning and instead put most of my free time into English. I like the writer San Mao, (三毛), also known as Echo. Her husband was Jose Maria Quero Y Ruiz. Their story was full of joys and sorrows, and I felt so sad reading about the death of Jose. When he was gone, he took the love of Echo's heart, and her life finally she ended in a tragic way. Echo's books gave me joy during this period, and I have many good memories of middle school.

My biggest dream is to travel around the world while I am young, and use my own eyes to see the world, not defining the world by other people's books or words. Then, I will pick a lovely village to spend the rest of my life. It would be perfect if I end up living in a town in south China. There are so many people who speak English and Spanish in the world. If I can talk to people in their native language and learn their history and listen to their stories, that will make me very happy and satisfied.

* There is doubt, at least in my mind, that Chinese is the most beautiful language. Spanish is much better for love songs.

** I would not use the word <em>sucked </em>here, because it is too informal. You do know it derives from "<em>you suck" </em>i.e., "<em>you give blowjobs", </em>right? Use "<em>my scores were not good enough," </em>or something similar. 

Please check the comment below if you want to know the Chinese of this essay. Thanks for reading.

2

I am very curious for about the reasons of foreigners learning Chinese. Some of them also want to know my intentions to learn another languages. I used to ask some language partners on Italki:"Why do you learn Chinese?" I think my questions is a bit boring. Because most of their answers are: university Chinese course, for business, for travelling, lover is Chinese, just because they like Chinese culture... I really like to communicate with people who are friendly and have a wide field of vision. Particularly people who are interested in Chinese culture and respect others. I think Chinese is a language that is very hard to learn well, no matter whether they are for foreigners or native Chinese people. So I really appreciate people who are good at Chinese. Chinese is the most beautiful and unique language in the world, no doubt.

I started my English study from the fourth-year of China's compulsory nine-year education. I fell in love with English in high school and chose it as my major in college. After that, I have a long way to go on English learning. Four years ago, I have a thought that about learning German in college, but my college entrance examination scores sucks. So it was impossible for me to choose German as a college major. English major is very commom in Chinese colleges, maybe Chinese people are dying to know the world by through this international language.

I am ashamed to talk about Spanish. Because I don't spend much time on Spanish learning and put most of my free time on into English...I like a writer very much--ECHO, her husband was Jose Maria Quero Y Ruiz. Their story stories was were full of joys and sorrows and I felt so sad about the death of Jose. When he was gone, he took the love of ECHO's heart and finally she ended up with in a tragedy way. ECHO's books gave me a enjoyable period and I have many good memories in of middle school.

My biggest dream is to travel around the world when while I was am young and use my eyes to see the world, but not defining the world by other people's books or mouths. Then, I will pick a loveable village for rest of my life. It would be perfect if I end up in a living in a town of in the south China. There are so many people who speak English and Spanish in the world. If I can talk to people in their native language and learn their history and listen to their stories, that will make me very happy and satisfied.

<em>Sorry, quite a quick correction made on a very old computer!</em>

@Naharror Thanks a lot.
..The dreams are very near..just there... :) Congratulations...
我对外国人学中文的理由很好奇。有些人也想知道我为什么要学另一种语言。我曾经问过italki上一些语伴:“你为什么学习中文?”我觉得自己问这个问题有点无聊。因为他们的答案多是:大学中文课程,商务,旅游,伴侣是中国人,喜欢中国文化···我最喜欢和视野开阔的人交流,特别是友好的,能尊重别人的人,假如他们对中华文化感兴趣那最好不过了。我觉得中文是非常难学好的,不管是中国人还是外国人,假如能精通中文,我就真的很佩服。毫无疑问,我觉得中文是世界最美的语言,没有之一。 我在中国九年义务制教育的四年级开始接受英语教育。真正喜欢上英语是高中并在大学选了英语专业,然后就在学习英语的路上要走远一点。4年前,我本来有在大学学德语的想法,但是我的高考分数实在是太低,报德语专业铁定没戏。英语专业在中国大学的设置非常普遍,也许中国人渴望通过这门国际性语言去了解世界吧··· 说起西语,我很惭愧。因为我没有花很多时间去学习,我把业余学习西语的时间都倾斜给英语了···我非常喜欢的一个作家三毛,她的丈夫荷西是西班牙人。他们的故事有很多酸甜苦辣,最令我伤心的荷西的意外离世,也带走了三毛的爱情,三毛的一生最后也以一个悲剧结了尾···初中时代,三毛的书陪我度过了一段快乐时光,那里有很多我的美好回忆。 我最大的梦想就是在年轻的时候,好好到远方去走一走,用我的眼睛看世界,而不是从书本和别人的嘴巴中定义了世界的模样。之后,挑一个我很喜欢的村落终老。假如我最后定居的那个地方在中国南方的一个小镇,那就更完美了!世界上说西语的人有很多,英语也一样。假如我能在旅途中用这两种语言和其他国家的人交流,聆听他们的故事和历史,我会很满足很开心。