Misa
8/4/2014 Pasar Malam I went to a night market last monday. In Malay, night market is called “Pasar Malam”. The Pasar Malam is open from evening till night on Mondays. On the evening where Pasar Malam is held, the roads will be closed. Stalls are lined up at the roadside selling a lot of stuffs, like toys, utensils, clothes, shoes, fruits, vegetables and local cuisine. Pasar Malam usually swarmed by people and full of live. Blaring music from CD stalls intervened with heated exchange bargaining voices between and hawkers and the customers. The stall are highly illuminated and decorated with colourful neon lights. One or two stalls are selling traditional medicine or herbs. The seller uses speaker to promote his medicine to the customer. Occasionally, you can also see snakes are displayed at the stalls. In olden days, you could even see some live demonstrations, sellers whipped his child with a leather belt. And after that he demonstrated how effectiveness his medicine was to treat the wound on the child. I was once saw people selling frogs. There were a few live frogs trapped in wooden box. Some stalls are selling traditional cakes (kuih-muih) and local foods. Usually, pasar malam is thronged with people from all walks of life. During the pasar malam night, a lot of people do not cook at home, they just go to the pasar malam and look for something to eat. Pasar malam is a spectacular place in Malaysia you can experience. In your next trip to Malaysia, don’t forget to pay a visit to a local pasar malam.