Shabnam
IELTS Essay: Books and Experience: Please help me with corrections. Thanks a lot Question: It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? Humans are always experiencing new situations and learning about the world. The knowledge and information about the world and circumstance can be gained by self-experience or reading books containing others’ experiences. In my opinion, although both books and self-experience are marvelous sources to learn from them, the knowledge gained by experience could be more effective. Books are the best source to help people learn about the world. Mankind carved information gained by experience to teach and warn the next generations about the world and about the advances acquired by them. Books help one knows about the past information and be aware and educated about what is dangerous and what is useful. Besides, books are the best sources to can know about new experience which one does not know about them. On the other hand, self-experience of a human being is an inseparable part of everyone’s life. Moment-to-moment of one’s living is special for himself/herself which never can find in any book, for instance, the feeling of being a mother has to be experienced to be felt. Additionally, there are some situations that one prefers to acquire the personal results. All in all, I think that the knowledge gained by one’s own could be more effective and never get forgotten. When a person feels something by himself/herself, the person will utilize the knowledge in all the life and that is more comprehensible. To get mature, taking risk and doing things by one own play an important role.