Juan
The Algarve: Have fun and relax. Last year I spent my holidays on The Algarve. It's a amazing part of Iberian Peninsula which is well worth knowing. It has both extremely large sandy beaches and quite a few of small coves, so you can choose where do you want to sunbathing or practice watersports. In fact, a lot of people go there to practice surfing or windsurfing because its weather is warm and windy on summertime. It's a good place to unwind after a stressful working year. Despite the fact Spanish customs and culture are slightly different to Portuguese ones, Portuguese people have a very similar "way of living" than Spaniards. Both of us enjoy a great meal and the nightlife. One of the typical portuguese dishes is "arroz con tamboril", it's made with rice, monkfish, tomato, garlic, some shrimps and salt. I don't really know how to cook it but I can say that it's delicious and I suggest you taste it if you have the opportunity. This year, I'm going to Portugal again during my holiday. I'm sure I'll have a great time there. But this time, I'll take a shot on Cascais, near Lisbon. Let's see how "arroz con tamboril" tastes there!

The Algarve: You can have fun and relax. or A great place to have fun and relax (might be better)

Last year I spent my holidays on The Algarve. or, Last year I went on holiday to the Algarve.  It's an amazing part of the Iberian Peninsula, which is well worth visiting/seeing knowing. It has both a variety of beaches; extremely including wide sandy beaches and or quite a few of several small coves, so you can choose where do you want to sunbatheing or practice watersports. In fact, a lot of people go there to practice surfing or windsurfing, because its the weather in the Algarve is warm and windy on in the summertime. It's a good place to unwind after a stressful working year.

Despite the fact Spanish customs and culture are slightly different to Portuguese ones, Portuguese people have a very similar "way of living" than to us Spaniards. Both of us enjoy having a great meal and the fun nightlife. One of the typical Portuguese dishes is "arroz con tamboril", it's made with rice, monkfish, tomato, garlic, some shrimps and salt. I don't really know how to cook it, but I can say that it's delicious and I suggest you taste it if you have the opportunity.

This year, I'm going to Portugal again during for a my holiday. I'm sure I'll have a great time there, but this time, I'll take a shot on at Cascais, near Lisbon. Let's see how "arroz con tamboril" tastes there!