linchli
How to improve my spoken English English is my secondary language, sometimes I find it is really difficult to use a proper form of verb in a sentence when you speak it quick. The mistakes I often made include forget to use the past time of the verb, or use the wrong time of the verb, forget to add ‘s" to multiples, etc, Is there anybody has the same problem as me? How can I get over it? Thanks!

How to improve my spoken English

English is my secondary language, sometimes I find it really difficult to use a proper form of verb in a sentence when I say it quickly. The mistakes I often make include forgetting to use the past tense of the verb, using the wrong tense of the verb, forgetting to add ‘s" to multiples, etc. Is there anybody else who has the same problems as me? How can I get over them?

Thanks!

How to improve my spoken English

English is my second language, sometimes I find it really difficult to use a proper form of a verb in a sentence when you say it quickly. The mistakes I often made, were that I forgot to use the past tense of the verb, or used the wrong tense of the verb, I also forgot to add ‘s" to plurals, etc. Is there anybody who has the same problem as me? How can I get it over? 

Thanks!

Hi Linchli! I have taught hundreds of students, especially students from China and Taiwan. Forgetting to add the "s" at the end of multiples is a very common mistake, and so is using the wrong verb tense. Thank you for writing a notebook entry, it will help me know what to include in our lesson on Tuesday! Have you ever heard of the "gerund"? It is a word specifically in grammar that I'd like us to focus on, and practice using.