The American Dream It's been a long time since I wanna live my entire life in the U.S. In fact , this year I had to do an immersion there but there were a lot of complications so it's canceled. Now, I'm registered in a great university of Brussels to do my Bachelor (in Finance) and I'd like study in United States of America for my MBA but the cost is very high so I hope that a bank will accept to offer me a loan. I'm looking for people who live in USA to have a lot of contacts there and develop friendships , why not ? I do a lot of things to improve my English (for example now I watch every day The Ellen Show on WNBC and I watch a lot of films in V.O.) So thanks to correct me and if you're looking for someone who speak French, I can help you but this must be a 50/50 exchange. :-) Thanks , Michael.
1

American English Corrections

The American Dream

It's been a long time since I wanna wanted to Normally, I wouldn't correct slang because I think it is valid in informal settings but here it sounds a little odd to my ear. live my entire life in the U.S.
In fact, this year, I had to was going to Use "had to" if it is a requirement of your school. Use "was going to" do an immersion there but there were a lot of complications so it's been canceled.

Now, I'm registered in classes at or "enrolled in classes at" or "enrolled in" or "attending" a great university in Brussels to do my Bachelor's in Finance but I'd like to study in the United States of America or just "in the United States" or "in the US" for my MBA. The sentence is too long so I am breaking it into two sentences instead. However, the cost is very high or "However, it is very expensive" or "However, it costs a lot" so I hope that a bank will approve my application for a student loan.

I'm looking for people who live or "who are living" in the US In my opinion, most Americans say "in the US" instead of "in the USA", unless they are talking about products that were made in the USA. :) to establish contacts there and to develop some friendships or in my opinion, more naturally as "and to make some friends". Why not?

I do a lot of things to try to improve my English skills. For example, now I watch every day The Ellen Show on WNBC and I watch   a lot of films on V.O. every day.

So thanks to correct me Thanks in advance for your corrections and if you're looking for someone who speaks French, I can help you but this must be a 50/50 language exchange. :-)

Thanks ,
Michael

1

The American Dream

It's been a long time since I wanna wanted to live my entire life in the U.S. In fact, , this year I had was going to do an immersion there but there were a lot of too many complications and so it's canceled I have no choice but to cancel it.

Now, I'm registered enrolled in a great good university of at Brussels to do my Bachelor's (in Finance) and I'd and would like get study in United States of America for my MBA in the US.  However, but the cost is very high and so I hope that a bank will accept to get offer me a bank loan. If you are referring to the Free University of Brussels, then it is, "Now I am enrolled at the Free University of Brussels..."

I'm looking for people who live living in the USA to have a lot of contacts there and [Too direct. We understand why you want to do this] to develop friendships. , why not ?

I do a lot of am doing many things to improve my English. (For example now I watch every day The Ellen Show on WNBC everyday and many movies. I watch a lot of films in V.O.)???

So Thanks in advance for your corrections. to correct me and If you're looking for someone who speaks French, I can help you but this must be strictly a 50/50 exchange. :-)
Thanks ,
Michael.

1

The American Dream

I've wanted to life my life in the U.S. for a long time.
In fact , this year I was scheduled to live in an English immersion environment, but there but there were a lot of complications so now that's canceled.
Now, I'm registered in a great university in Brussels to complete my Bachelor's (in Finance) and I'd like to study in United States of America for my MBA. But, the cost is very high so I hope I'm able to obtain a loan from a bank.
I'm looking for people who live in USA who have a lot of contacts there and to develop friendships. Why not ?
I do a lot of things to improve my English (for example, I now watch everyday The Ellen Show on WNBC and I watch a lot of films in V.O.)
So thanks for correcting me and if you're looking for someone who speak French, I can help you but this must be a 50/50 exchange. :-)
Thanks ,
Michael.

"It's been a long time since I wanna live my entire life in the U.S."   Cette phrase veut dire que vous <em>ne voulez plus </em>vivre aux Etats-Unis.  Mais en jugeant par la totalité de votre paragraphe, vous voulez dire justement le contraire -- vous voulez encore y vivre.  Donc, il faut dire:  "I've wanted to live my life in the U.S. for a long time" ou "I've long wanted to live my life in the U.S."  Il faut employer le "present perfect" qui indique la durée du passé jusqu'au moment present.