Natalya
A note about procrastination while writing working papers Once I had to write a document, which I don’t like to write. Fortunately, I had no exact deadline, so I procrastinate this work for several weeks. My boss sometimes asked me about this paper, I assured him that I worked on it. But this wasn’t really truth… Every next day I hated this document more a more, but it was still in his infancy. I’ve decided to ask a piece of advice from my more experienced colleague – what does he usually do when he doesn’t like to write document or when he doesn’t know exactly what a document should contain. His answer has seriously changed my attitude to such an activity as writing documents. He said that when you had to write a document (especially a document you didn’t like to work on) you should do it as fast as you could. Because your real thoughts to this question you can formulate for a few working hours and after than you decided to invent something brilliant. The more you keep the document in your work the more complete document your boss expects from you. As far as you do not like to look incompetent employee, so you try to improve something, but don’t know how to do this and just play for time. Most likely when you will have sent your non-perfect document after a month «hard work» to your boss he will not appreciate it. Time will play against you in this situation. The more correct approach is to write down your thoughts and ideas and sent it out to your boss with explanation that it is not the final version of the document, but just a draft to discuss together. Alternatively or at the same time, you can sent your draft out to your colleagues and arrange a meeting with brainstorming. In both of these situations, the chief and associates will not wait something amazing from you, but the work on document will be more efficient. A hundred to one the document will be finished in a shorter period. Be gratefull for corrections and your ideas on this topic :)
1

A note about procrastination while writing working papers

Once I had to write a document, which I don’t like didn't want to write. Fortunately, I had no exact deadline, so I procrastinated from doing this work for several weeks. My boss sometimes asked me about this paper, I assured him that I had worked on it. But this wasn’t really the truth… Every next day I hated this document more and more, but it was still in his it's infancy.
I’ve decided to ask a piece some of advice from my more experienced colleague – what does he usually do when he doesn’t like to write a document or when he doesn’t know exactly what a document should contain?
His answer has seriously changed my attitude to such an activity activities like as writing documents.
He said that when you had to write a document (especially a document you didn’t don't like to work on), you should do it as fast as you could can. This is because your can write your real thoughts to about this question you can formulate for a over a few working hours of working and after than you decided to invent something brilliant.
The more longer you keep the document in your work the more complete higher quality document your boss will expects from you. As far as you do not like to look like an incompetent employee, so you try to improve somethingyour work, but don’t know how to do this and just play for time. Most likely when you will have sent send your non-perfect document after a month of «hard work» to your boss he will not appreciate it. Time will play against you in this situation.
The more correct approach is to write down your thoughts and ideas and sent send it out to your boss with an explanation that it is not the final version of the document, but just a draft to discuss together.
Alternatively or at the same time, you can sent send your draft out to your colleagues and arrange a meeting with to brainstorming.
In both of these situations, the chief boss and associates will not wait for something amazing from you, but the your work on document will be more efficient. A hundred to one the document will be finished in a shorter period.

Be gratefull for corrections and your ideas on this topic :)

Excellent work Natalya. You have a good grasp of English expressions and vocabulary.

I had procrastined to complete a task for so long time, that me as well as my manager forgot about the task and never got back to it.
Pavel V, I totally agree with you :) Brixtonbored111, thanks for mention Parkinson's Law, I've never heard about it, but it describes the situation in other words.
Have you heard of Parkinson's Law? I find it to be very true; work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
Yeah! Procrastination is evil! It needs a lot of maturity to know how to make yourself do some work.