Najmeh
Learning French in France, pros and cons Hi guys, I am applying for a course of learning French in France , I have get an interview from embassy ,but now i am in doubt whether it is a worst or not . I know the fees will be much more than learning at my home and also it should take more than one year if i want to learn at home. My sister lives in the city where i want to go and i can get help and they offer me a job to decrease the fees. the other thing is, I am come from a big city ,crowded ,the city i want to go is small and too calm. I already have a good job the job they will offer me a simple and it is scared me to leave all behind myself. I am in my 30th , I think if i was younger ,it would be more easier. I wounder if someone here have had the same problem. I would be nice to share your idea or experience with me to make a better decision.
Hi Tara, Personaly I think your decision must be based about what you want to do first. If you want to move to France to discover the country and have a new experience in your life why not? But unless you have sought after specific skills (like medicine, engineer..) it is difficult at the moment to find a good job in France, especially if you are not a citizen from the European Union. If you are unsure about getting a good job again in your country, then it might be better to stay. In my opinion moving to a new country to learn a language is usefull once you already have a minimal basis on wich you can communicate a minimum and you can improve.Otherwise you may have the feeling to be lost, especially if you have to work. On the other hand, moving to a new country for a while can be an asset for your carrier, it opens your mind and show your adaptability. If you are single with no children you can still do it in your thirties, but the better your project will be thought, the better it will be successful for you. About the small town where your sister is, I think it depend of which kind of town it is, where it is located ect... Otherwise, I think you can learn French very well at home, a lot of people do it and internet makes it even easier :)